Friday, April 10, 2020

NWA Powerrr Episode 20, My Thoughts

It's that time again! It's time to check in with the National Wrestling Alliance! What antics will the stars and starlettes of the NWA be up to? Let's find out! I would recommend that you watch the episode, which you can do here!



Hmmm, Kamille vs. Rosa, huh?


Still not a fan of this theme song. I miss "Into the Fire"...

It's still neat seeing Sean Mooney involved in wrasslin' again.

Going right to the first match! Alright!

Match #1 - NWA TV Championship Match - Ricky Starks (c) vs. Zicky Dice

Zicky Dice looks like an old man who can't accept that he's gotten old. I can also imagine that he only bathes once every three years.


The Lucky 7 thing is...unique, I'll give it that. It's not completely unfeasible considering TV Title matches are supposed to be very short.

Winner: Zicky Dice (New NWA TV Champion)

Looks like Starks is not getting that NWA Championship shot. I wish he was given a longer reign, though.

Thom, Joe did not steal your blackbird pie. Relax, man.


I bet that Kamille doesn't talk for one of two reasons: Either because she thinks it's funny, or she sounds like the Swedish Chef.

That can't be a real arena.

This segment with the Question Mark is a bit creepy.


Aron Stevens got a taste of gold...and he wants MORE.

Match #2 - Last Chance Match - The Dawsons vs. Caleb Konley and CW Anderson

If Anderson/Konley win, Anderson gets an NWA contract. That's pretty neat. The story of this match in a nutshell. Konley's contract is also running out, and he NEEDS to win, too.

Winners: Konley/Anderson

This was a good match. Konley and Anderson were great underdogs, and it was nice seeing them get the win. My favorite match of this episode so far. Although I admit, I was confused about the Dawsons' careers on the line as well.


It's neat to see Sal Rinauro getting more play.

Well, that happened.


I see the Pope is brining back the shouty 80s promo. Why are the Bouncers aligning with him? Well, it's easy. Pope promised these big men free beer! They love some beer! I can imagine these guys liking themselves some Duff.


This'll be a fun main event! The Bouncers vs. The Drunks!

Match #3 - NWA Tag Team Championship Match - The Bouncers vs. James Storm/Eli Drake (c)

I bet James and Eli each pounded back a hundred beers before this match.


Start with some nice jaw-jacking.

You know, this would make for a fun feud down the line. The drunkards of NWA vs. the people who throw drunks out of bars. It just writes itself, really.

Winners: Storm/Drake

This was a pretty good episode. I do have a couple issues. I would have liked Ricky Starks to have won, as I felt his reign as  TV champion was a bit short. It also would have been nice to have a women's match on the show. I did just breeze right through the episode, though. Hope for a new episode soon!

Thnaks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it to your friends! See you next time! Take care of yourself, and your loved ones! Stay inside and wash your hands often!

No comments:

Post a Comment