Thursday, April 23, 2020

Burnout Paradise Remastered Announcement Trailer, My Thoughts

Welcome to Paradise City, where the grass is green, the girls are pretty, and you can drive pretty much wherever you want. This place is the setting of the 2008 racing game Burnout Paradise, developed by Criterion Games and released by Electronic Arts. This game was the seventh in the Burnout racing game series.

Originally released for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Windows (the first Burnout game to come to that platform), the game received much positive praise, and even won several awards. Also, like many old games, a new Remastered version has come to the Nintendo Switch! Let's take a look!



Paradise City wants to be Hollywood so bad...

VROOM VROOM VROOM!

I like the black car with the flames on it. I'd repaint it red, though.

Yeah, I admit, I'm not a nut for framerates, but I think 60 is pretty good.

My dad likes cars, maybe I can get him to play this game with me.

"Oh don't mind us. We're just racing through, totally not being a nuisance..."


Up the ramp! WHEEEEEEEEEEE!

That'll hurt!


All the old DLC? Awesome! I want to play the one with the 80s-inspired cars. Yeah, I'm an 80s nut, if you can't tell.

I love that all these old games are being remastered for the Switch. I can see why many companies are doing it. The Nintendo Switch is a console that is made to be playable on the go. I can imagine that many of these companies look at that and think, "Hey! Our classic games, originally made for big ol' boxes that are not really portable, can be put on this, and they can play them in their cars, on a plane, on a train! That's awesome!" And it truly is.

Come on, folks! You guys are not going to get anywhere if you keep crashing into each other! Not to mention the repair bills...

This game looks like it's a ton of fun! It's something I'll have to add to my Switch game library in the future. Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you enjoyed it, spread it around! See you next time! Take care of yourself and each other, stay safe and healthy, and wash your hands often!

No comments:

Post a Comment