Thursday, April 30, 2020

Streets of Rage 4 Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in August 2018, I gave my thoughts on the announcement of the then-upcoming Streets of Rage 4. And then in December of 2019, I learned that it was coming to the Nintendo Switch. I was so excited for this game, and I could not wait for it to be released. Well, that day has come. It's now out, so let's take a look at the launch trailer!


Well, yes. I am ready to risk everything. I want to do this! Let's take some risks!


On the Streets of Rage, they do not greet each other by saying hello. They greet each other with punches. Broken jaws are just a part of life here.

Yeah, taking a Molotov cocktail to the face, and then an exploding barrel? That'll hurt!


A big building with a giant "Y" on it. Yeah, that's not ominous. Wait, is this the headquarters of the villain of this game? Well, yes. And it's villains, as in more than one. Yup, its been ten years since the events of Streets of Rage 3. And in those ten years of peace, a pair of new threats have made themselves known: The Y Twins, the children of Mr. X. Makes a bizarre form of sense. Y does follow X in the alphabet so far.

And Wood Oak City? Was the name of the city the SoR games previously established, or did it finally get a name with this game?

And of course, we have the three iconic past fighters: Axel Stone, Blaze Fielding, and Adam Hunter. We've met Cherry Hunter. And now say hello to Floyd Iraya. From what I understand, he's the apprentice of Dr. Zan, the cyborg fighter we could play as in SoR 3. Maybe Dr. Zan died in the ten years between 3 and 4? I think he was pretty old despite the cyborg implants...

17 characters, eh? Does that mean we'll get to play as characters like Max Hunter and Dr. Zan as well? Hope so!

Wow, that's quite a lot of artists for this soundtrack. And YES, Yuzo Koshiro is involved!


I like the features this game offers, especially soundtracks of previous games in the series. But why not 3?

Well, this game looks spectacular! I definitely am adding this to my Switch library! I cannot wait to bring some pain on the Streets of Rage! Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! See you next time! Take care of yourself and each other, wash your hands often, stay healthy and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment