Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Luke Cage Season 2 Trailer, My Thoughts

I cannot believe that I have not talked about this until now. I had kept meaning to, but life got in the way. Stupid life...anyway, when Luke Cage made his solo Netflix debut, it was a big hit. I heard that it literally broke Netflix for a while. So many people wanted to see it, it managed to overload Netflix. It was also critically acclaimed and won several awards. So, with that kind of success, it was natural a second season was in order. And here's the trailer for it! Fair warning, this trailer is slightly NSFW, because it briefly has a naked dude (you don't see anything, but he clearly is naked) and Cage does curse once. So, I thought I'd warn you all before showing this.


The trailer begins...with a BANG! ...I hope they got the okay to blow up that truck.

Luke Cage is not just bulletproof, folks. He's also fireproof.

Heh heh, Cage should try pro wrestling. He's got the promo making down.

I love that Cage has become a bit of a celebrity in Harlem.

Heh heh, I love that those bad guys know they are going to get their butts handed to them, but try to take him on anyway.

Maybe he wouldn't have to beat up all the criminals if these cops actually caught them.

HOLY CAPOEIRA, BATMAN! CAGE GOT WRECKED! CAGE GOT WRECKED!

I'm with Stephen A. Smith on that. Sucks seeing a good man get wrecked like that.

I'm with Claire and Hat Guy there, Cage. This cat is bad news.

Say hello to Bushmaster, everyone! Well, there are two of them in the comics, a pair of Caribbean brothers named John and Quincy McIver. John was the first, and I think that's the one Cage is facing here. Quincy was the second. Quincy lost all his limbs when he tried to flee the police, and gained cybernetic ones. He also has a snake tail for a lower body now. He fought Captain America. John having powers like Cage's makes sense. In the comics, he did try to get powers like Cage's, but the process went wrong and was turned into a metal statue.

I wondering if John's empowering here will be more mystical in nature. Would make a great connection to Doctor Strange.

The ultimate battle between Cage and McIver will be brutal.

They burned Cage's house down. To quote Jack Burton, "Son of a b***h must pay."

And Mariah's hoping to take over Harlem. Oh, dear.

Hey cool, Misty Knight gets her bionic arm.

I have to admit, I enjoy the music in the trailer.

I think Cage possibly becoming like the monsters he fights will be the big theme of this season. It makes sense, since it seems the big villain will be someone who is essentially a dark mirror of Cage himself.

And he does have a point there, Misty. The show does have his name on it. But hey, maybe you'll get a spinoff. Worked for the Punisher...

...I think I finally need to get off my butt and watch Season 1. I had been wanting to, but I am lazy. But since I am going to Vegas soon, I may have some time to check it out. This is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment