Sunday, May 6, 2018

Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer, My Thoughts

In 2010, Rockstar Games released the game Red Dead Redemption. The second game in the Red Dead series (the first being Red Dead Revolver in 2004), it told the tale of former outlaw John Marston, who was forced to bring in the former members of his old gang by the US government in the dying days of the Wild West.

The game was a success, getting much praise and many an award. And now, here comes a sequel...or should I say...prequel. Let's take a look at the trailer Red Dead Redemption 2!


The trailer begins with a bunch of men standing in front of what looks like a train. Reminds me of the film Heaven's Gate for some reason.

Bullets would be quite a wakeup call.

1899. Yup, it's a prequel, alright. I'm guessing we're going to meet John Marston's old gang.

WIIIILD MUSTANGS!

And we have an Old West town. I wonder if it's Hill Valley. I can get Doc Brown to resole my horse.

Fire! Heh heh, fire.

Sounds like somebody knows their Greek myths. That talk about fire leading to knowledge? Sounds like Prometheus.

I love the music in this trailer.

And you can't have an Old West game without a bank holdup and a train robbery. And now all you need is a barfight. I wonder if you can start barfights in this game.

I do like that we're going to learn more about John Marston's old gang from the outlaw days. I get the feeling that this bunch of outlaws are somewhat aware of the future coming. Like they know their day is coming to an end. And they want to go out in a blaze of glory.

I gotta play the first RDR. I have heard good things about it, and now that I have a PS4, I'll give this a try. It sounds fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment