Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

Hyrule Warriors. A simple, but rather ingenious mash-up. Combine the mythos of Nintendo's long-running Legend of Zelda series with the hack-and-slash action of Koei Tecmo's Dynasty Warriors series, and you get a rather fun game. It was one of the best-selling games on the Wii U. It would be ported to the 3DS later on as Hyrule Warriors Legends, but it's making it's jump to the Switch! And here's the launch trailer for it!


I did play a demo of this in a store once, but I never got the game. I wonder why, as I really enjoyed it. Maybe it just escaped me.

Heh heh, Linkle. I remember all the complaining and whining when she first appeared.

29 Characters? Wow. Shame they couldn't get one more to make it to the big 3-0. Maybe future DLC.

Yeah, this game feels like a massive tribute to the Zelda series with all these characters from various games appearing.

Ho ho, that attack from Ganondorf looks so awesome!

Heh, Link just WRECKED Ganondorf.

Changing warriors on the fly, huh? Well, that makes sense with different characters have different strengths and weaknesses. Switch to the best character for the situation you are in.

I can imagine the Ocarina Warp would make heading to various battlefields a lot easier, especially if they are under siege and need your help. You can respond quick and hopefully help even the odds.

I like the co-op idea, too. Kick some butt with a friend.

That's one big Bombchu.

...was that Godzilla? Coming out of the ground there?

Adventure Mode, huh? Neat. I love the usage of graphics from the first Zelda game.

Were the fairy partners from the 3DS version? I don't think they were in the Wii U version. I wonder what they do? Do they provide bonuses or something?

Challenge Mode, huh? I wonder what you'd get for beating that?

Hey, Breath of the Wild costumes for Link and Zelda! Awesome! I wonder if we'll see characters from that game as future DLC? I can imagine the Guardians from that game would be fun to play as here. Man, I gotta get Breath of the Wild, too.

I love that you get all the DLC from the previous ports. I wonder if it's all available at once, or you have to unlock it somehow?

Well, this game looks awesome! For some reason, I skipped out on this one, despite it looking like a ton of fun to me. I'll definitely have to correct that mistake in the near future. You know, they've also mashed up Dynasty Warriors with the Fire Emblem series, I would love to see more mash-up games like this. I can imagine maybe the Mario series could have fun with this. Or the Avengers! Having a member of the Avengers fighting swarms of HYDRA agents or AIM Adaptoids? That would be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment