Sunday, May 20, 2018

Text Play: Pokemon Mega Adventure #8

Welcome back to the Akiba Region! And this is entry number eight in my Text Play of Pokémon Mega Adventure!


On my way to Florama Town, I battled a rather...not very bright Pokémon Ranger. He mistook me for a "Pokémon hunter". Must be that world's version of a poacher. He gave me a Pecha Berry as compensation for the trouble. Well, that's nice of him. I'll have to find somewhere to plant it.

Florama Town is a rather small place, with another open-air market. Reminds me of Anomi Town. The entrance to the Eleton Caves is nearby, but I am told by an old man that there are a lot of dangerous Pokémon there. I can go in if I get three badges. Well, I got two already, and this town has a Gym, so I guess I have to beat that gym and get the Badge it offers.

The Gym in this game uses Grass-type Pokémon. Hey, that's changing it up! In the original Red and Blue, the Grass-type Gym was the fourth Gym, and the third was Electric-based. Don't have many Fire-types to counter Grass Pokémon, though. I have Torracat, but that's really about it. Litwick is a mix of Ghost and Fire, so maybe I can bring her... Grass are also weak to Poison, Bug, Flying, and Ice, though. Haven't caught any Ice-types yet..

I do have quite a few Flying-types, so maybe I'll being in Pidgey, Taillow, Hoothoot, Starly, or Pidove. Hoothoot has the Insomnia ability, so it can't be made to fall asleep in battle. There's also Zubat, who is Poison/Flying...I got a Grimer, Koffing, and Gastly which are a Poison-type (also Ghost in Gastly's case)... Yeah, I got way too many options here.

I decided to go with Pidgey, as I have a fondness for that line, Hoothoot because of its Hypnosis attack, and Litwick because of it having a Fire-type attack and being part-Fire type. I kept Torracat because it's a Fire-type, Butterfree because it knew Gust and was a part-Flying type. I also brought up my Grovyle because it knew Cut, and I need a Pokémon with that technique to get through the Gym.

There's also another place of note here.


These two lovely people are starting a flower shop here. It's rather appropriate that a place like that be started in a town called Florama. Unfortunately, they're not quite ready for business yet. Shame. I'm hoping they sell those pots that allowed a player to grow seeds on the go. Those would be really handy.

Funny enough, a girl in the Pokémon Center here told me the town's flowers have a very sweet scent that tends to attract Pokémon. It's kind of funny as in other places, I see Pokémon wandering everywhere, but here, there aren't any. Weird.

Well, I'd better get my new team ready for the Gym. I got some grinding to do. Thankfully, grinding doesn't seem so bad to me in this game. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment