Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Raging Justice Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

Beat 'em ups. For over 30 years, this genre of gaming has thrilled many players, and eaten many a quarter at the arcade. And why not? Just go around and beat the holy tar out of people who try to do the same to you. Some beloved game series have come from this genre, like Final Fight, Streets of Rage, and most notably: Double Dragon. And now, Team 17 Limited is bringing a callback to those beloved titles to various platforms, including the Nintendo Switch. Let's take a look at the launch trailer for Raging Justice!


The game to me kind of resembles Clayfighter more than Mortal Kombat. Otherwise that, I can imagine that's your typical brawler set in an urban environment. I would have loved to have seen this done in a 2D pixel style from the late-80s/early-90s, though. I imagine it would have looked really beautiful.

The main characters look kind of neat. I'm guessing they'll be cops or vigilantes, or both.

HAHAHAHAHA, run them down with lawnmowers. That's awesome.

Was that a giant pimp getting beaten down?

Ooh, I hope that bit with the bear was an indication of being able to use the environment against your opponents.

Well, that was neat. I'm not expecting this game to really revolutionize the genre, but I hope it's a fun time at an affordable price. I don't think a game needs to revolutionary to be fun. Fun is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment