Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Robin Hood Teaser, My Thoughts

Robin Hood. The legendary English outlaw, he robbed from the rich and gave to the poor alongside his Merry Men. The legend has become rather iconic, and has been through much adaptation and retellings in various media. Film has seen its fair share of retellings, notably the 1938 film starring Errol Flynn, the 1973 Disney animated movie (In which Robin Hood was a fox), the 1991 movie starring Kevin Costner (one of my personal favorite movies from my childhood), a 1993 Mel Brooks parody, and the 2010 movie staring Russell Crowe. Well, this year, a new adaptation is coming with Taron Egerton in the title role, and here's the trailer for it!


Is this set in some alternate reality version of the 13th Century? 

That's a lot of hoods.

I don't think that's how crossbows work.

I don't think riot police were a thing back then, either.

I'm guessing Jamie Foxx's character will be the Azeem of this movie. Azeem was a Moor who fought Prince John alongside Robin in Prince of Thieves.

I get the feeling that the creators of this movie intended this take on Robin Hood to be set in a time other than the medieval era, but was forced to change it to make it a medieval era-set movie. I actually think that setting Robin Hood in a near-future cyberpunk-esque world would be a really cool twist.

Well, this film was...something, alright. It does look rather...weird. I don't know if I will actually see it, but maybe I'll give it a look when it comes out on DVD.

1 comment:

  1. Actually according to Wikipedia, Jamie Foxx is playing the film's version of Little John.

    ReplyDelete