Thursday, September 6, 2018

Broforce Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

In 2015, South African game studio Free Lives developed and Devolver Digital published a run-and-gun platformer called Broforce for Windows. Known for its destructible environments and homage to 1980s movies, the game was given great acclaim. Over the years the game would come to the Linux operating system and the PlayStation 4, and now it's come to the Nintendo Switch. So let's take look at the launch trailer!


Listen to that eagle. It is Broforce's mascot, the Eagle...of FREEDOM.

I would totally be down for a Broforce animated series in this style. Would be a great fit for Adult Swim. Sadly, I doubt that would happen because of all the legal issues I can imagine would erupt from this.

Oh hi, totally not Rambo, B.A. Baracus, and Dutch.

Oh look, John McClane has joined us all the way from Nakatomi Plaza! I can imagine in this version of Die Hard, he shot Hans Gruber full of holes.

Nothing like sharing a high-five with your bros after kicking lots of bad guy butt.

OH MY GOD! THAT XENOMORPH KILLED JOHN MCCLANE! YOU BASTARD!

And of course, when you got a Xenomorph problem, there's only one bro...well, broette for the job: Ellen freakin' Ripley. Don't matter your gender, you can kick butt, you're a bro. And she is very good at kicking the butts of Xenomorphs.

The bad guys should feed their troops. That's why an explosive turkey was able to trick them.

And Rambo blows up the Devil. Awesome.

I think I can safely say that this is the 1980s-style manliest game launch trailer I have ever seen. The music was especially awesome. I saw gameplay of this and it looks like the most fun game ever. I an't wait to pick this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment