Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Starlink: Battle for Atlas Story Trailer, My Thoughts

Earlier this month, I gave my thoughts on the gameplay trailer for Starlink: Battle for Atlas. I think it looks like a ton of fun. But this game also is supposed to have an epic story, a space opera about the liberation of a star system. Or maybe a silly excuse to blast aliens. Let's look at the story trailer!


Who's Nova?

Man, whoever came up with the idea for piercings for spaceships needs to catch a beating.

Heh heh, giant cosmic pizza cutter. Or buzzsaw, take your pick.

Hey, Fox! Good to see you back in action! I take it things are calm in the Lylat System?

Wait...does that mean this game and Star Fox Zero is set in the same universe? That would actually be pretty cool.

I have no idea who these people are.

Wait, that bit with Grax and the worm thing. Is that a nod to the Ceti Eel scene from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan? Because that gives me Wrath of Khan vibes.

Oh, Nova must be some kind of energy thing.

That's not how a fist bump works.

Well, of course you can do it, kid. You got Starfox backing you up!

And space dogfighting action!

Well, this looks...kind of neat. Didn't really get much idea of the characters, though. Except that this spaceship has no regulations when it comes to uniforms, ha ha. Still, it does seem pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment