Thursday, September 20, 2018

Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

In their glory years, Capcom was known for being one of the companies that ruled arcades. Yes, Street Fighter II helped make it into a fighting game powerhouse, but it also put out its fair share of fondly-remembered beat 'em ups. And now some of those games from the glory days are here in one collection to be enjoyed on the go with the Nintendo Switch! Let's take a look!


I love the effort they did in making this live-action part look like it was filmed in the late 80s-early 90s.

CAPTAIN COMMANDO. The costume is amazing. Kudos to the designers. And to the actor, too.

Yeah, let's take a bunch of kids from the early 90s to the present. I can see nothing going wrong.

WHOAAAAAA, HEADTRIP.

I've played the SNES version of Final Fight. I'd love to play the original arcade version.

I have also been wanting to play Knights of the Round and Captain Commando since I first saw a video on them by Cygnus Destroyer.

Armored Warriors was one of these beat 'em ups that never came to a home console back when it was first released in 1994. Battle Circuit is also making its home console debut here. As well as its Western debut. Battle Circuit was only released in Japan and Europe in 1997.

Again, kudos to the actor they got for Captain Commando.

Considering these games emphasize multiple people playing them together, makes sense they'd have online multiplayer.

Heh heh, the early 90s kids brought to the present have no idea what the Internet is.

Well, that was a rather dark, unsuspected twist. Nice work, Captain Commando.


Dark turn aside, this trailer was pretty awesome. I never got to play these games as a kid, so I can't wait to give them a try here!

No comments:

Post a Comment