Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Captain Marvel Trailer, My Thoughts

The Merry Marvel Cinematic Universe marches on! This time, it's getting ready to show off it's first ever female-led superhero film, and it's 21st film: Captain Marvel! This film will tell the tale of Carol Susan Jane Danvers, an airman in the 1990s who gets incredible powers and becomes part of an alien military unit. And she has to deal with evil shapeshifting aliens called Skrulls. So, let's take a look at the trailer!


Well, that's a way to start a trailer.

I bet Carol's like, "Ohhhh, I am never going drinking with Doctor Minerva ever again." At least she still has her pants this time.

God, I miss my local video store. It wasn't a Blockbuster, but it was nice visiting it and seeing what they had for rent.

You know, Carol...you could have just waited until tomorrow when the Blockbuster opened up. Then go rent a movie like a normal person.

Yup, Carol is never drinking with Doctor Minerva again.

Spaceship! Spaceship! SPACESHIP!

And Carol blasting someone's face off.

Wow. They really did a great job de-aging Samuel L. Jackson. It's still weird seeing Nick Fury with hair and two eyes. Maybe this film explains how he lost one.

I'm guessing that Carol may have been brainwashed to be part of the Kree's Starforce, and her true memories are returning.

I hope Carol and Maria Rambeau (that's the pilot with her) quote Top Gun. I feel the need for speed!

Yeah, Carol's been brainwashed.

Hey there, Jude Law! He plays Mar-Vell. Love the contacts.

That old lady was a Skrull. THAT WAS NOT A REAL OLD LADY.

Young Coulson. With hair. Wild. I'm guessing when he said to Tony Stark that this was not his first rodeo, he may have been referencing this.

Hey, Fury's pager from Infinity War!

And Carol's helmet! Love the addition of the glowing faceplate!

Yup, Carol Danvers is going to wreck someone.

This was pretty cool! I like the ideas of heroes being active in various eras between Captain America in WWII and the Avengers in the present, like the original Ant-Man in the 1960s and Carol in the 90s. I would love to see an Agents of Atlas film set in the 50s, for example. I loved this trailer, and I like that this film will give us an idea of where Fury was before he was the uber-spy he was in The Avengers. And it's good to see Coulson back, in a more...innocent time? Anyway, I am excited for this movie, and I can't wait to see Carol layeth a smackethdown on Thanos!

No comments:

Post a Comment