Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Starlink: Battle for Atlas Gameplay Trailer, My Thoughts

When October comes, Ubisoft is releasing a new science-fiction action-adventure game called Starlink: Battle for Atlas. In the game, you play as a crewman for the spaceship Equinox that crashed on a world in the Atlas star system. You must travel to the worlds in the system, and make alliances with the alien races there to build a crew to take on an evil alien warlord named Grax and his Forgotten Legion. The Legion wants to use technology left behind by a race called the Wanderers to make themselves powerful enough to take over the universe. Are you a bad enough spaceship pilot to save the universe?

A few months ago, a gameplay trailer was released for it, so let's take a look!


I take it that's the Forgotten Legion and the voice is Grax. Your typical villain voice.

Ooh, crystal monsters. As a Star Trek fan, I think we need more crystal monsters in fiction. Maybe the Crystalline Entity will show up.

I wonder if you can customize your pilot character. That would be a great vehicle for immersing yourself in the game.

Those worlds all look pretty. I like that the developers are trying to make them all look unique.

Why does that red spaceship make me think of Formula 1 race cars?


Strength in numbers indeed.

Yeah, one of the big things about this game is that you can buy these little toys that can be attached to a spaceship toy mount for your Switch controller. When you attach the accessory toys, they appear in the game and can be used. I hope you can get these accessories without buying the toys. I admit, I'm not overly fond of the idea of buying toys to enhance a game. I think it's kind of needless.

The space battles look awesome, though. So do the monster battles.

This game does sound like it will be a ton of fun. I never was fond of the getting toys to enhance the game gimmick, so I'm hoping there's a way to get them without having to do that. Some of those weapons look really cool, and I think that'll be such a shame if they're locked behind buying toys that will have no use besides enhancing this game. If that's the case, that will hurt this game. I hope Ubisoft kept that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment