Monday, October 1, 2018

Creed II Trailer #2, My Thoughts

Hello, blog readers! It's the first day of October! As such, Halloween is on the way. This trailer I'm going to look at isn't for a horror film, but it does involve a nightmare from the past coming back. In 2015, the film Creed chronicled the rise of a young boxer named Adonis Johnson Creed as he, mentored by the legendary Rocky Balboa, fought for the light heavyweight championship.

The film would be a box office success and gain much critical acclaim. As such, it made sense there would be a sequel. After all, Rocky's gotten his fair share of sequels, so why not Adonis Creed? However, this film would focus on, as I said earlier, an old nightmare from Rocky's past coming back to haunt him...and Adonis Creed. This is the second trailer for Creed II. Let's watch!


Creed running in the desert. Hope Rocky's got plenty of water for him, as he's going to need it.

I bet Rocky is loving getting to be the one in the truck behind the training boxer for once.

...How'd they set up that ring?

I don't see the benefit of getting whacked in the stomach with a medicine ball.

Hope Adonis remembered to go to the bathroom before he puts his gloves on this time.

Looks like Ivan Drago is back, alright. Nice to see Dolph Lundgren back on the big screen.

Looks like Victor Drago wants to repeat history. Remember, in Rocky IV, Apollo Creed died due to the beating he took in the ring from Ivan Drago.

Rocky's got a point, Donnie.

Victor is a tank. He's being played by Florian Monteanu, who is a real boxer. I bet he must've had a big grin on his face when found out he got to be in this movie. If I were him, I'd be overjoyed.

Adonis has got a lot to fight for, and a lot to consider.

Loved that staredown between Rocky and Ivan. I would not be surprised if they threw a few punches at each other at some point. Also, I like the little touch of Ivan wearing red and yellow there.

I think in the end, that's how Adonis will win this. He's not fighting just for himself.

I admit, I am hyped to see this movie. I watched Creed on TV and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a really good film, a nice "passing the torch" story. I can't wait to see where they take Creed with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment