Friday, October 5, 2018

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Second Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in June, I gave my thoughts on the first trailer for the Sony animated movie Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. I remember being excited for it. Admittedly though, I haven't really thought about it...until now. Yup, a second trailer is out, so let's take a look at it!


Jake Johnson voices the classic Peter Parker Spider-Man. His voice isn't quite I expect Peter to sound like. To me, C. D. Barnes will always be the voice of the Peter Parker Spider-Man. Still, it's not bad at all.

I do like the nods to the Sam Raimi Spider-Man film trilogy. It seems this Peter has managed to create himself a rather successful life. I wonder if he has his own company like he did during the Dan Slott run. The idea of Peter singing a Christmas album is hilarious.

Poor Miles. Even though he's not a Parker, he has the Parker Luck. That scene will never stop being hilarious.

Ah, so we get the reason why Miles is going to meet Peter and Gwen. Nice to see the Kingpin being a villain here. He's more closely related to Daredevil these days, but when he first appeared in the comics, he was primarily a Spidey villain.

Yeah, Pete. Insulting his home is great way to endear yourself to Miles.

I love this bit with Peter training Miles. Ever since they announced that Miles would be coming to the main Marvel Universe, I wanted to see this in the comics. I wanted to see Peter in the mentor role. This is great.

Hailee Steinfeld is a great choice for Spider-Gwen.

Nicholas Cage as Spider-Man Noir? Awesome!

Peni Parker's addition was a surprise. If they wanted a futuristic Spider-Man, I expected them to bring in Miguel O'Hara/Spider Man 2099. For those not in the know, Peni Parker first appeared in Edge of Spider-Verse #5 (December 2014). She's a Japanese schoolgirl who pilots a robotic suit of armor known as the Sp//dr. I do get why, though. Another female amongst the Spiders, and she's one of the more unique incarnations of Spidey. Hopefully there'll be a sequel in which Miles meets Miguel.

I love that Aunt May seems completely unfazed by all these Spider-People.

Wait...was that the Spider-Man suit from the PS4 game in a case in the background?!

Ah, Peter Porker, the Spectacular Spider-Ham! I love this movie already!

If you look closely, each of the Spiders are animated in a different style. I think that's a really clever touch.

Oh, that bit was hilarious! I love Spider-Ham so much.

I am so excited for this movie! I can't wait to see the Spiders in action! It looks like it'll be a ton of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment