Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Mega Man 11 Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in September, I gave my thoughts on the Mega Man 11 Demo Launch trailer. I remember praising the demo, but found the Double Gear system a bit unwieldy. I did enjoy the demo, though. And it did get me excited to get the game itself. Well, the game itself has finally made its debut! It's out for PC, Xbox One, PS4, and the Nintendo Switch. Let's take a look!


Loved that transition with the 8-bit Mega Man becoming the 2.5D-style one for this game. I personally would've somehow made him transition to his looks from Mega Man 7 for the SNES and Mega Man 8 for the PlayStation. Show that the Blue Bomber's done a lot of changing over the years as the original series went on.

I love the look of this game. I really do.

Oh, did Dr. Wily steal Dr. Light's creations again? Dude, you managed to build your own blasted Robot Masters for several games! Why're you taking Light's again? You strapped for cash or something, so you can't build your own batch?

Heh heh, rogue steam shovel.

Fight bosses in any order and steal their weapons? That's pretty much the same as the previous Mega Man games.

I have to admit, I do like that Mega Man's armor does change appearance when he activates certain boss weapons. Taking full advantage of the power of the latest consoles. Certainly is neater than Mega Man just changing colors.

Slowing time is an awesome feature. I can see this helping relieve a lot of the frustrations that come with playing this game. Mega Man games tend to be hard. Very hard.

ADJUSTABLE DIFFICULTY! THANK YOU CAPCOM!

Upgrading and customizing Mega Man, huh? Just like Mega Man 8!   

I wonder if you get something cool for doing the bonus challenges. I think battling previous Robot Masters and getting their weapons would be awesome. And maybe playing as Proto Man.

I've got to admit, I enjoyed what I played in the demo, and I recommend you give it a try, too. If oyu like Mega Man, you will love this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment