Monday, October 22, 2018

Super Mario Party Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in July, I gave my thoughts on the trailer for Super Mario Party, the Mario Party series' debut game on the Nintendo Switch. Well, now that the game is out, they released a launch trailer for it! Let's take a look!


Wow. Crab mech with hammers. Scary, but awesome.

CHAIN CHOMP ON THE RAMPAGE! RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

A contest of...who can vacuum up the most dust? I think they're running a bit low on ideas for party games. Wasted opportunity to pay homage to Luigi's Mansion as well.

Pie fight!

I'm assuming those are all the playable characters. Is that a female Boom-Boom next to Yoshi and Rosalina? Is that a new character they're introducing in the game? ...Okay, on further research, I found out her name is Pom Pom. She first appeared in Super Mario 3D Land, and she throws boomerangs.

Oh, I can imagine this game will give the wrists a workout.

Based on what I saw of the Sound Stage stuff, you'd better make sure you and your friends are playing this game in a very large room.

The Mario gang go whitewater rafting! I want to see a cartoon of that!

The image of Bowser and Bowser Jr. corralling penguins is hilarious.

Those are some BIG Cheep-Cheeps! What the heck have they been fed?!

I like the idea of how putting two Switches together can affect the gameplay of certain games.

And of course, the classic board game mode returns.

That haunted house board looks neat. I hope they have some fun and go nuts with the boards. Do stuff that can't be done with physical boards in real life. Take advantage of it!

Heh heh, fishing for those eels from Mario 64. I can imagine those must be baby eels.

KING BOB-OMB IS SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THESE PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND ON HIS BOARD LIKE MANIACS!

Hey, tag-teams on the board! Awesome!

Challenger Road sounds neat.

How did a Goomba lose to Mario in a bike race?! Wait, they got no legs. And no arms, so they can't steer.

Is this the first Mario Party to have online play? About time, I say.

Well, this game looks like it'll be a ton of fun. I've never really played the Mario Party series, so I can't wait to give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment