Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Starlink: Battle for Atlas Star Fox Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in September, I looked at two trailers for the video game Starlink: Battle for Atlas: The story and gameplay trailers. The Nintendo Switch version of the game would also cross over with the Star Fox franchise. It does make sense. Both franchises are science fiction-based about space heroes fighting tyrants. Makes sense they would meet up. The heroes of Starlink could afford to learn some tips from the group that's been kicking Andross's head in since 1993.

Well, the Star Fox team has their own special trailer. Let's take a look!


Ohh Fox, you are not in the Lylat system anymore.

Heh heh, I can imagine in this shared universe, the Star Fox team are seen as legendary heroes. That would be a great interaction base for the two groups. Although I do wish Krystal was part of the team. Yeah, I liked Star Fox: Assault.

Ugh, that leg does not look tasty, Wolf.

I hope these special Star Fox missions allow us to see some character depth from the Star Fox gang.

I liked the footage imitating the typical rail shooter and free-range modes of Star Fox games. Nice touch there. And the remix of the Corneria theme is awesome. It's become an iconic theme for the franchise, so its inclusion in something Star Fox is always welcome.

"Do a barrel roll!" YES!

I hope one of those extra weapons the Arwing can get is a smart bomb launcher. Those things were so helpful in Star Fox 64.

Well, this seems rather neat. I never really thought about this game until the whole Star Fox crossover stuff was announced, and then it had my attention. I hope this game is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment