Friday, October 19, 2018

Text Play: Pokemon Mega Adventure #14

Hello, everyone! Welcome back to the Akiba Region! Let's have some fun as we take on my fourteenth entry in my Text Play through Pokémon Mega Adventure!


Grinding, grinding, and more grinding. I have done a ton of grinding for Mary's gym. During the process, I caught my first shiny Pokémon in the game ever: A Pidgeotto. I had taken breaks by trying to win some coins at the Fairy City Game Corner. Nearly got 250 so far. Almost enough to get an Abra at the prize shop. I don't get why it's a separate building. You'd think they'd be part of the same building. The architect must've been drunk. Anyway, I don't want to hold this off much longer, I have to beat this Gym to go further in the game.


I hate this Gym. I just stepped inside, and I already hate this Gym. I hate the teleporters. I have theorized in the past that this game started out as a remake of the original Red/Blue, and I would not be surprised if this was originally meant to be a new version of Sabrina's gym in Red and Blue. I hated Sabrina in those games. Seriously. I've ranted about her in previous entries, so I will not annoy you all by doing it again here.

This Gym's teleporters are going to be so fun to try and find a way through. The game does have a wiki, but it's not very helpful as there's barely any info in it. Yes, I have been basically going blind throughout this game. But at least there will be trainers I can battle to give my Pokémon more experience. But I think I managed to figure it out. From the entrance, you go to the teleporter on the right, which takes you to the first room.



From there, you go straight to the bottom right teleporter, which takes you to this room.



From there, go to the top right one, which will take you to this room.



And then go to the bottom left to enter this room.


And finally, go to the top right teleporter, and there you are! Mary herself! God, I hate the teleporters here. Anyway, we're finally at Mary's room. Red is waiting for me to challenge her already. So, here we go!



She starts off with an Azumarill. Magnus the Magnemite easily took care of that one with a couple of Thundershocks. Her second Pokémon was a Sylveon. I sent out Gearloose the Klink in response to it. Its Gear Grind attack nearly took it down with one shot, but Mary had a Hyper Potion for it. Despite that, and Gearloose taking some heavy damage from its Dazzling Gleam, the Klink won out with Gear Grind. The last Pokémon Mary had was a Gardevoir. And it turns out Mary has a Gardevoirite, allowing it to Mega Evolve into Mega Gardevoir.


I have to admit, Mega Gardevoir looks very graceful. And as the screenshot shows, she beat my Klink. I sent out Yeaworth, my Grimer, out against her. She managed to beat Grimer, but it did some heavy damage thanks to its Sludge Bomb. Magnemite went out next, and was downed in one hit thanks to Dazzling Gleam. Amy the Sandslash was no help, either. Torracat went out next, and thankfully, was able to finish it off with a Fire Fang. And with that, the battle was won. Mary awarded me the Pixie Badge, which allows the player to use Surf outside of battle. I also got TM97, Dazzling Gleam.

Red has a little gift for me from Professor Oak: HM03...aka, Surf. He also gave me a Mega Bracelet. He's also told me my dad has returned to Okimira Town. Wait...my player character has a DAD I this game? That's...not unheard of, but somewhat unusual. He said he'll meet me there. I gotta backtrack all the way back to the town I started in. On the way to leave Fairy City, I found that Red and Brandon have themselves a battle going on.


Yup, Team Prime are at it again. Evidently, they haven't learned their lesson from the beating they took at the Power Plant, so the three of us have got to hand them another beating...well, considering this is a Pokémon game, beat them in another Pokémon battle. And I learned something new. A Mr. Celestial was behind the Team Prime attack at the Power Plant. Interesting...

Anyway, the grunt I fought had a couple of Dratinis and a Dragonair. The first Dratini had Dragon Rage, which hit my Pokémon hard, but Amy the Sandslash shook them up real good with Magnitude. The grunts fled, but Red and Brandon advised against chasing them. They explain that the grunts ran into Misty island, and there are lots of Dragon-types around there. They are also very strong. I should get stronger before going to Misty Island. Red and Brandon have stronger, more experienced Pokémon, so they're going ahead.

I looked in my map, and I found that Misty Island is on a stop to Misty Village, which may have a shortcut to Okimira Town. I guess I'll have to travel through the Island. And I think that's where I'll stop for today. Next time, I'll go through Misty Island! Wish me luck!

Pokémon Obtained:
Windflow Bridge
- Pidgeotto (Shiny)

No comments:

Post a Comment