Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Reign of the Supermen IGN Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in August, I gave my thoughts on the trailer for the animated film Reign of the Supermen, which was going to adapt the return of Superman after his death battling Doomsday. Unlike the animated film Superman: Doomsday, this one was promising to be more true to the comic storyline. I wonder how they'll do that, as it's a pretty big story. Will it be a two-part film like the animated adaptation of Dark Knight Returns was? That would make sense.

Anyway, IGN has a special exclusive trailer for the film, so let's take a look!



Oh hi, Steel! How you doing?

Nice to see the Eradicator in action.

Heh heh, I love that wink. Early Conner Kent Superboy was a cocky little twerp.

The Cyborg Superman looks rather menacing in that shot. But it makes sense. Trust me. Read the story.

That guy's speech is kind of funny considering that the rest of the Justice League and the Titans are still kicking. I mean, if all the heroes died fighting Doomsday, then yeah, his speech would make more sense. Just my opinion.

Cyborg Superman wants to create heroes? This won't end well...

Hey, Bibbo! How ya doin', Bibbo? I like his design and voice, even though I do miss the incarnation from the DCAU Superman cartoon.

Yeah, I'm guessing those flying people are from the Cyborg Superman's "create heroes" thing.

I wonder how they'll do the final battle in this adaptation, because it looks like the League will be involved.

Yeah, Earth is a target, but it's not like Superman was the only superhero. He was one of the more powerful ones, yes, but there are others. The League is still active. Also, if the comics are any indication, Steel, the Eradicator, and Superboy will also be helping out, so...I think Earth will be alright.

Well, I have to admit, I am excited for this. The Reign of the Supermen was one of the first complete comic book storylines I ever read. It was a part of an era of Superman I love and consider criminally underrated. I am happy it's getting attention, and I hope it brings interest in an era of the Superman comics that I think deserves a LOT more love. I hope they do a good job of adapting it. I can understand some changes will be made for this, but I hope they get the essence of the story down. Bring it on, WB Animation!

No comments:

Post a Comment