Monday, October 15, 2018

Daredevil Season Three trailer, My Thoughts

In 2015, Netflix released the first season of its television adaptation of Daredevil. It starred Charlie Cox as the Man Without Fear.

The series would get critical praise, albeit the first season got more than the second. It was nominated for many awards, and won several. It also kicked off the Netflix side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as it would lead to series focusing on Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The Punisher. The Man Without Fear would join forces with Luke, Jessica, and Iron Fist in The Defenders.

I myself have been slowly going through the second season. I love the show, so I was very excited to learn that a third season was coming. And here's the trailer for it!


Ahh, New York. The City that Never Sleeps. The city that goes insane on a regular basis in the MCU.

No good deed goes unpunished in Matt Murdock's world.

Looks like Matt's going back to his roots, based on his going back to his "black sweats". I really gotta finish Season 2.

Uh oh, Fisk is back. Matt and the gang are in trouble. Hay, doesn't he have some other super-powered friends he can call for help?

Hey, he's rockin' the white suit! Awesome! Fisk wore white suits in the comics, so it's nice to see him in one here.

I think that'll be the theme of this episode, how far will Matt go? Will he become a monster himself, a true Devil?

Holy cow, that whole bit with the fake Daredevil? That reminded me of Born Again. that makes sense. I heard this season will be using elements of Born Again. Makes sense, as that is considered one of the greatest Daredevil stories ever. I talked a bit about Born Again in my review of Daredevil #233 (August 1986). Man, has it really been six months since Daredevil graced this blog? Wow. Gotta look at another adventure of his some time. Maybe something from Annie Nocenti's run. I do have one issue in mind...

Anyway, you can see Born Again's influence in Matt's state here. He looks like he is at his lowest point. Man, I need to finish Season 2.

I am hyped for this. I loved the series so far, and I can't wait to watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment