Sunday, November 4, 2018

Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

In 1993, Electronic Arts released the game Mutant League Football for the Sega Genesis. Based on the Madden football video games, the game focused on teams of mutants and monsters fighting in a more war-like version of football in a post-apocalyptic world. The game would get a spin off called Mutant League Hockey, and a basketball game was in development, but never released. There would even be a cartoon based on the game.

In 2017, Digital Dreams Entertainment released a "spiritual successor" to these two games called...Mutant Football League. Yeah, not an imaginative name, I know. The game was originally released for Microsoft Windows. Over the year, it would eventually come to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. But now, it's also going to hit the Nintendo Switch! Let's take a look at the launch trailer for the Dynasty Edition!


Look at that arena. I think that's what you get if you ask the Hell's Angels to design a football stadium.

You know, I'm no expert, but I think skeletons would be rather fragile football players.

I do like that everything isn't all gray and gringy.

Well, one advantage of having buzzsaws in the arena is that if the arena needs repairs, you have a convenient power saw available.

And if the field and players don't kill you, you just get stronger. That's how the phrase goes, right?

So, you can bring guns on the field? I'm sure Billy Cole from The Last Boy Scout would love to get signed to this league.

Mutant Football League. The game so explosive, the game balls will blow you away!

Sand worms? Did they get those from the planet Arrakis?! Or maybe they knew Beetlejuice?!

I imagine football nuts will love these features.

Well, this looks like a ton of fun. I'm not really a sports game guy, but this still seems appealing to me. I think if you enjoyed the original Sega Genesis game, you'll like this spiritual successor. I hope there's a demo. I'd love to try it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment