Wednesday, November 14, 2018

SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in July, I gave my thoughts about the announcement of the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection, a...well, collection of games that is meant to celebrate the history of the company known as Shin Nihon Kikaku. SNK is what it's called for short. It means "New Japan Project". I remember being excited about it. Well, it's finally out, and there is a launch trailer! Let's take a look!


Celebrate in retro style, baby! Whoo! Cue up the synthwave!

I love the retro stylings of this trailer.

20 games in one. That's a bargain!

Rendered in cutting edge graphics! Basically, we're giving each game a nice wallpaper.

Save and rewind as you go? I imagine that will be handy. You mess up, you can save yourself and your high score. And it will be convenient to save your progress.

Interesting bunch of games there. I have to admit though, my knowledge of them is lacking. I have heard of Ikari Warriors and Psycho Soldier. I have Alpha Mission II on my Switch, so I am curious about playing the original here. I also want to give Crystalis a try. I do know Ozma Wars was their first arcade game. But hey, a whole bunch of new games I never heard of to try out. That's a plus.

So, we get twenty games now, and 11 more for free DLC? Sweet! I wonder what games will be arriving as DLC?

Well, this sunds like a ton of fun. I love old games, so I think I will pick this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment