Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Text Play: Pokemon Mega Adventure #15

Welcome back to the Akiba Region! We're continuing on the epic Pokémon journey through entry number 15 in my Text Play of Pokémon Mega Adventure!



Last time, I defeated Mary to get my fifth badge: The Fairy Badge. Five down, three to go. Yeah, I was surprised by that, too. With that, it turns out our player avatar has a father who is waiting for us in Okimura Town, where this adventure all started. So, instead of backtracking all the way there, there may be a shortcut through Misty Island. There are dragon Pokémon there, so we'll have to be careful. Misty Island is also fond of attracting storms, it seems. Yeah, the screen flashes as a way of indicating lightning. I arrived on the island, and...


More Team Prime. What're they doing here? Do they have an HQ here? Did they hide out here after I helped kick them out of the Power Plant? Well, only one way to find out. There's a wide variety of Pokémon on this island, including Venusaurs. Venusaurs are awesome.


Team Prime appear to be using Misty Island as a sort of training ground. I see all sorts of Pokémon with them. One thing I give a ton of kudos to the makers of this game for is the fact that Team Prime grunts have a variety of Pokémon at their disposal. Makes things more exciting, and helps give the idea that each of the grunts have their own personality and preferences for Pokémon.

This place is interesting. It's a small island, which has statues of Latios, Latias, and a big statue of Rayquaza right in the center of it. I wonder who built those statues and why they are there?


And then there's this guy and his Aerodactyl. His name is Celestial. His parents must've been hippies or something. He tells me that Team Prime's boss had gone to the Descent Tower. I never heard about the place. Evidently, the Boss of Team Prime has a plan that requires him to be there, and Looker decided not to tell me about it. Thanks, Looker. Leave me in the dark, why don't ya?

Red shows up, and Celestial challenges me to a battle. You know Red, instead of standing there, you could help me out. Make it a double battle and throw this dude off. To be fair, Celestial taunts Red about him seeming tired. I'm guessing since he and Brandon were battling Team Prime, Red's Pokémon are a bit tuckered out, and he had no chance to get them rested up. Yup, I'm the fresh man in this tag team match, and I got the hot tag. Time to rampage. The battle intro uses what looks like altered art of Gary from Pokémon Red and Blue.

Celestial sends out a Hakamo-o, and I bring out Brionne. His Disarming Voice does some damage thanks to it being a Fairy-type attack, and Dragon-types being weak against Fairy-type attacks. Hakamo-o hit Brionne with Dragon Tail, which caused Amy the Sandslash to come out in its place. Amy nearly beat it with two Dig attacks, but Celestial used a Full Restore. Amy got nailed with a Sky Uppercut which scored a critical hit. Out she went. But Thundra the Luxio was able to finish it off.

Celestial brought out Tyrantrum next. In response, I sent out Biollantus the Ivysaur as Tyrantrum is a Rock/Dragon-type, so it would be weak to Grass. Two Bites took Biollantus down, but it did manage to get Leech Seed off, so its health would drain. Brionne couldn't even get an attack in. Betty the Butterfee was able to put it to sleep, though. Thundra finished it off, because Tyrantrum took down Betty. She nearly beat it by herself.

I turned off the game, and I realized something. I'm going to need to do a LOT of grinding to be able to compete with this guy. And the Exp Share I have is an older-style one (only works on one Pokémon at a time), so it doesn't reduce the grinding much. And I think that's where I'm going to have to sign off for now, as honestly, this part of the game is frustrating me a bit right now. All the grinding.

As a result of that, I am considering maybe taking a break from this game for a little while. You see, Mega Adventure is not the only Pokémon fan game I want to do a Text Play of. I also want to do a fan game called Pokémon Zeta after this one. I first discovered this game thanks to Linkara's own playthrough of its counterpart Pokémon Omicron, which can be found here. I highly suggest you check those videos out. They're a ton of fun.

I'm not sure what to do right now. A part of me wants to start on the Zeta playthrough as there's more info on it, so I'll have a better idea of how to play that game, put a part of me wants to wait until I finish this game. Don't start a new game without finishing the previous one, and all that. I'll have to think about what to do next. Thanks for enjoying this journey with me. It's been a lot of fun, but it's not the end.

Pokémon Obtained:
Misty Island
- Panpour
- Buizel
- Tympole
- Wooper (I nicknamed her Bonny, after Anne Bonny. I was inspired by this drawing of a pirate Wooper)
- Poliwag
- Absol
- Luxray (evolved from Luxio)
- Venusaur (evolved from Ivysaur)
- Kirlia (evolved from Ralts)
- Primarina (evolved from Brionne)
- Incineroar (evolved from Torracat)

No comments:

Post a Comment