Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Christopher Robin Teaser, My Thoughts

Walt Disney Pictures has just released a teaser trailer for a surprising new film: Christopher Robin. Yes, Christopher Robin from the Winnie the Pooh franchise. Now, like many people of a certain generation, I remember growing up with Winnie the Pooh and his friends in the Hundred Acre Wood. I particularly remember watching The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh way back in the day. I even had a cat named Tigger. Sadly, he's passed on. So yeah, Pooh and the gang were a part of my life. So, this trailer had me curious.


The trailer begins with a view of London in what I think is in the 1950s. We then focus on a building housing a company called "Winslow Enterprises". I wanted to make a joke about the Toyman, but his first name was Winslow, not his last. Nuts. Working for the Toyman would be...interesting.

Ewan MacGregor is the man taking up the role of the former young imaginative boy, and it appears he's having some troubles. His boss looks to be a bit of a Scrooge. And not the awesome Scrooge. You know, the duck one.

Hey, it's Hayley Atwell. Nice to see that Peggy Carter moved on after Steve Rogers's seeming death.

You have no idea how much it made me smile to hear Jim Cummings voicing Pooh again. He voiced him in the cartoons back in the day. I also love Pooh's design, making him look like  mix of the Disney design and the stuffed animals that originally inspired A.A. Milne to create the Pooh gang.



This film seems like it will be an enjoyable watch. I'll give it a looksee when it comes out in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment