Friday, March 9, 2018

Wreck-It Ralph 2 Teaser, My Thoughts

In 2012, Walt Disney Pictures released Wreck-It Ralph. The movie told the tale of Ralph, the villain of a Donkey Kong-esque arcade game who yearned for more in his digital life. The movie was a critical and financial success, and even got nominated for an Oscar for Best Animated Feature. I loved this movie, and was happy to hear they were making a sequel. And here's a teaser for it!


The teaser begins with the arcade owner, Stan Litwak, getting a router. Bit of an old-fashioned-looking router, but as long as it does the job, I guess.

Computer boards have always fascinated me. I don't know why, maybe it's all the parts and the patterns of the traces. When I was a kid, I lived near Boston, and they had a computer museum. When I went there, my favorite part was this room what made you feel like you got shrunk down and got to walk on a giant computer board. I loved that room. I doubt it's still there, but it was awesome.

Just saw the Internet Movie Database logo. I wonder if Disney had to pay a fee for that, like they did to MGM to use the ruby slippers in the 1985 film Return to Oz.

This take on the Internet is awesome. I like the idea that's like a giant city. Unseen is the Red Light District. It's Disney, that part is not going to be shown...

Yup. Pop-ups and clickbait. The BANE of any Internet user.

And now eBay. Are there fees being paid or are these Internet companies basically asking Disney to put their logos in? And that bit with the kitten painting is nice. How long until that is made into a real picture?

Hey, early mobile game. Mmm, pancakes...

Ralph discovers the appeal of mobile games. They're quick and simple.

...Nice job Ralph, you just scarred that kid for life.

I loved the first Wreck-It Ralph, and I think the sequel is going to be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment