Thursday, March 8, 2018

Super Smash Bros. Switch Teaser Trailer, My Thoughts

Super Smash Bros. One of Nintendo's most beloved and successful franchises, this epic crossover fighting game has been an important part of every Nintendo console's library since the days of the Nintendo 64. Not to mention the 3DS got to be the first handheld to get a Smash game. The Switch is no exception. And with their latest Direct, Nintendo revealed this trailer for a Switch Smash! Let's take a look at it!


The trailer begins with some paint being splatted on the ground in an area of pure white. Something's moving through the paint...it's Orange Inkling Girl! I'm guessing the inklings will be playable fighters in this new Smash game. That does make sense, Splatoon's sequel is on the Switch, and it has become a quite successful little franchise. The Inklings are just having some fun doing what they do best: trying to blast each other with paint.

PAINT GRENADE!

Everything's getting dark. The Inklings forgot to pay the power bill again, huh? Orange Inkling Girl notices something big and bright in the distance.

And we got a big flaming Smash logo.

That's got to be Breath of the Wild Link. That is the newest Zelda game. I have heard some speculation that this was a port of the Wii U/3DS version, but Link here makes me doubt it. If it was, that Link would be wearing a hat. Breath of the Wild Link's default appearance is hatless.

I do hope all the characters in the last one come to this game. I also hope that Solid Snake and the Ice Climbers come back. I also would like to see Shantae, Shovel Knight, Chun Li, and Simon Belmont join the roster as well. I love playing the last Smash on my 3DS, so Smash on Switch! I am all for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment