Friday, March 23, 2018

Cloak and Dagger Trailer, My Thoughts

Cloak and Dagger, the Marvel Universe's protectors of the lost in the New York City streets, is coming to television. I looked at a teaser of their series in the past, and now a new trailer is here!


The trailer begins with a helicopter flying towards an oil rig. Maybe this is the place Cloak and Dagger get their powers?

I think this take on them will take place in New Orleans. I like this idea. It allows them to have a place of their own to maintain some distance from the other heroes, and make their adventures feel a bit more self-contained.

Hmm, it looks like they're generally kept to their origins, but with some changes. For example, in the comics, Cloak grew up in one of the poorer areas of Boston. Here, Tyrone Johnson appears to be a private school student. I wonder if Tandy's origin will stay the same. In the comics, she was a rich girl.

We get to see a little more of their powers in the trailer. That's neat.

That Roxxon sign has got me wondering. In this adaptation, will they be the ones behind Cloak and Dagger's powers? Would give them a Big Bad to fight.

"One will live, one will die?" I don't like the sound of that. Considering Dagger "died" during Maximum Carnage in the comics, there may be a twist to that statement.

Well, this trailer is pretty neat. We got to see a bit more of the future Cloak and Dagger's past and powers, as well as more of them together. It's nice seeing them interact. I hope it's a hit with its target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment