Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Text Play: Pokemon Mega Adventure #4

Welcome to the fourth entry of my Text Play series on Pokémon Mega Adventure!


Last time, we explored Anomi Town. It's not much of a town, very little there. There was a Gym, but the Leader died a couple years earlier, and either due to incompetence or painfully inefficient Pokémon League bureaucracy, a replacement has not been brought in yet. Hopefully later in the game, somebody gets their butts in gear and gets a new Gym Leader in.

You know, now I am wondering. How does the whole thing with getting Gym started and leaders picked? Is there elections or appointments involved? Do they take tests? Is there regulation for treatment of Pokémon? Are Gyms supported by taxes? I have a ton of questions.

I decided to move on ahead up to the next route: Route 5. However, before I could really go ahead, there is a Trainer I have to battle to pass through. I saved the game, then faced the Trainer. She was packing an Alolan Vulpix. Straight from Sun and Moon. Unlike the standard Vulpix, which is a fire type, its Alolan cousin is an Ice type. To prepare for this, I figured it was time to do some team adjusting and some grinding.

I brought out my Litten (I got it as a Mystery Gift, alongside Rowlet and Popplio), and took it to battle with the Aroma Lady. The Aroma Lady's Vulpix put up a good fight, but Litten was able to burn it with a couple blasts of Ember, and its burn made it faint. She was very nice about it, and gave me a Soothe Bell for it. This was my new team afterwards.


I got all three Alola Starters thanks to the Mystery Gift, so I decided to add Litten and Popplio to my team so I could have a Fire and Water type if I needed it. It drives me nuts a bit because I also got a Rowlet, and I like having all three starters from the same generation on a team. But I have a Bulbasaur, so I have a Grass type already on this team. It drives my brain crazy. But I guess I'm just going to have to endure it. I do wish I could have given them new names, though.

I have to admit, I miss having a Shinx in my Pokémon teams. It's a neat Pokémon.

I decided to explore Route 5 a bit. Not much there, really. Just some more Pokémon to catch. But when I caught a Venipede, well...I got this screen.


I enjoy this game, but I will admit, the game can be a bit buggy at times. Just a bit. I decided to do a bit of grinding in the mean time. The route led to the Pine Forest, a...well, forest area that is raining. A lot. While there, I met Brendan, the Hoenn Champion. We visited his home earlier. He challenged me to a battle. Evidently we are rivals now...because reasons. You know, he's the Hoenn Champion. Shouldn't he be back in Hoenn, defending his title? What're all those trainers in Hoenn's Victory Road doing after they beat the Elite Four there, and they find that Brendan's out here in...whatever this region is called, playing rival to some young Trainer starting out?

Hoenn Trainer: Okay, Brendan! I'm ready to take your title...where'd he go?
Sidney: Something wrong, kid?
Hoenn Trainer: Brendan isn't here. The Champion isn't here. Isn't he supposed to be here to battle me and defend his position?
Sidney: Oh, for the love of Arceus! GUYS! He left again!
Phoebe: Where'd he wander off to THIS time?!
Glacia: He's such a flake! HOW did he beat us and become Champion again?!
Drake: Arrr, me mateys! Me thinks that we should have some...discussions with him about his responsibilities as the Champion!
Glacia: Stop with the pirate thing, Drake. It's so stupid! Your specialty isn't even Water Pokémon!
Phoebe: Let it be, Glacia. It gets us tourist money.

Ah, well. At least he heals up my Pokémon for me. Brendan starts out with a Turtwig, but Litten easily takes care of it. He then sends out Starly, but Thundra the Shinx took it down in one blast of Spark. His final Pokémon, Heracross, was a bit harder to take down. It required the tag team of Slate the Geodude and Betty the Butterfree to take that big ol' blue beetle down. At least Brendan compliments my team before he leaves. I'm going to end up facing him again, aren't I? While in the Pine Forest, I did find TM18 (Rain Dance).

And we have arrived at Koriyama City! It certainly does look a bit more lively than Anomi Town. I'll have to explore it a bit further. I'm guessing this town is the Seattle of the region, as it never stops raining, ha ha. All it needs is a coffee shop.

I think I'll look over the city next time. I think it looks like there'll be more to check out here than in the last town we went to, especially that Pokémon vn-Academy and cave.

Pokémon Obtained:
Route 4:
- Budew
- Shinx
- Pichu

Route 5:
- Yanma
- Sewaddle
- Venipede
- Slowpoke
- Mareep
- Glameow

Pine Forest:
- Wurmple
- Silcoon
- Cascoon
- Luxio (evolved from Shinx)

No comments:

Post a Comment