Monday, February 4, 2019

Captain Marvel Super Bowl Spot, My Thoughts

The Super Bowl is known for its big-time commercials, as well as its movie spots. Yesterday, I looked at the Avengers: Endgame Super Bowl spot, and it was pretty exciting. But the Marvel Cinematic Universe gave us a one-two combo punch as they also put out a spot for its upcoming 21st film: Captain Marvel! Let's take a look!


Maria and Carol feel the need. The need...for speed. But we do get the comic phrases associated with Carol, so I'm okay with lack of Top Gun reference there.

Proto-Quinjet again!

A bit of aerial dogfighting with a spaceship. I'm guessing we're getting more hints as to how Carol got her powers.

Brie Larson looks good in uniform.

I hope we get to see Carol use her CQC skills in this film. Would make her a more dangerous combatant. She's super-strong, and she knows how to use it.

Carol's like "WHY DO ENERGY THINGS ALWAYS END UP EXPLODING IN MAH FACE?!"

I still think Jude Law is playing Mar-Vell.

I still can't believe they managed to de-age Samuel L. Jackson like that. It's incredible.

Carol don't need a Death Star! She IS a Death Star!

It's great seeing a younger, less...bitten by life Fury whooping it up.

HOLY COW SHE PUNCHED A SPACESHIP. SHE PUNCHED A SPACESHIP SO HARD IT BROKE IN PIECES.

Well, I didn't have as much to say about this one as I had about the Avengers: Endgame spot. And I do apologize for that. It's just...quite a bit of this appears to be from the previous trailers, so there's not much new for me to talk about. I still am excited for this movie, though. Thanks for reading! If you liked this blog entry, please spread it around! And if you want to give my blog some extra support, please feel free to drop my tip in my Digital Tip Jar! See you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment