Monday, February 25, 2019

Super Mario Maker 2 Announcement Trailer, My Thoughts

In 2015, Nintendo released the game Super Mario Maker for the Wii U. The game allowed players to create their own levels in the style of various games in the Super Mario game series. It also allowed players to share their creations online and play other people's custom levels. The game started out as a special development tool meant for company usage, but they discovered, "Hey! This could be a great game!"

The game would receive much critical praise, and sell over 4 million copies. The game would get ported to the Nintendo 3DS, and sell another 2.3 million copies. Over 7 million custom levels have been made. I myself love the game, so...this announcement from the latest Nintendo Direct filled me with joy.

Yup, it's getting a sequel! Super Mario Maker 2 is coming to the Nintendo Switch! Let's take a look at the announcement trailer!


Ahhh, that Super Mario World theme always takes me back. It was one of the games  I played the heck out of on the SNES back in the day.

That sucks. I hate Spinies. Seriously. Spinies suck.

But not to worry, this is Mario Maker! We can fix that! We can make it a slope now! Death by sliding!

I think we're going to get some new tools and elements! Awesome! I do hope that we get some stuff from Super Mario Bros. 2, or Super Mario USA if you're in Japan. I know that it's radically different from the other games in the original Mario trilogy, but it had some cool enemies and elements that I'd love to use here. I want to beat up Shy Guys in a Mario 3-style world.

Hey, Super Mario 3D World stuff! Sweet!

I hope we get another trailer discussing the new features in detail. I want to know more about the new features and additions.

Well, I have to say...I can't wait for June! I am so hyped for this game! I loved the original Mario Maker, and I think the sequel is going to be even better! I want this game! I want to create levels NOW! ...I'd better fire up my Wii U...

Thanks for reading this! If you enjoyed it, please spread it around! And if you want to give this blog some extra support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar! See you next entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment