Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Detective Pikachu Trailer #2, My Thoughts

Back in November 2018, I gave my thoughts on the first trailer for Detective Pikachu, the live-action adaptation of the video game of the same name. In my opinion, doing a film based on a Pokémon spinoff is actually a good idea. I mean, let's face it. The main games...you could never fit their story into a full film.

Well, the second trailer for the movie is out! Let's take a look!


Aww, poor Detective Pikachu is sad. He needs a hug. And some ketchup.

Ah, so that's how Detective Pikachu and Tim met. Thankfully he never lost his hat.

Detective Pikachu can totally quit the coffee at any time! He just doesn't want to right now. But he could totally quit. Totally.

I am still amazed about how they managed to make the various Pokémon look...realistic, but at the same time, recognizable. Ludicolo looks like Ludicolo!

What're you doing sleeping on the road, Snorlax? Wake up and get off the road! I also got a chuckle out of the Machamp crossing guard. But he should be wearing a orange safety vest or something. Don't want to get accidentally run over.

Holy cow, was that a remix of the original Pokémon anime theme?! That's incredible!

I still am in awe of how good the Pokémon look in this movie.

Pikachu's got a point, Tim. You need your dad found, he can help with that. He's got the skills, and hopefully the talent.

...I think Detective Pikachu may need to go outside.

I want to go walking with the Bulbasaurs. I think they're going to their special garden to evolve.

Tail to the face!

That poor Psyduck is going to end up traumatized.

Hey, look! Statues of Palkia, Dialga, and Arceus! Awesome!

Looks like this movie won't skimp on the big set pieces.

RABID AIPOM! RABID AIPOM! RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

That Charizard looks so AWESOME! THIS IS WHAT I ALWAYS IMAGINED IT LOOKED LIKE IN REAL LIFE!

Wha....Mewtwo?! MEWTWO IS HERE?! HOLY TOLEDO!

 I'm guessing this movie will also incorporates elements of Pokémon: The First Movie. It makes sense, considering the lab scenes in that movie, and Mewtwo is an artificial Pokémon.

Heh heh, Mr. Mime is funny.

I have to admit, my feelings on this film have not changed. I am still excited for this movie. I think it will be a ton of fun. The Pokémon look spectacular, and Ryan Reynolds (despite him still sounding like Deadpool a bit to me) is a good choice to voice Pikachu. Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, please spread it around! And if you want to give this blog some extra support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar!

No comments:

Post a Comment