Friday, February 22, 2019

Devil Engine Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

They did it. The madmen did it. They failed to learn from Skynet. They built a device meant to protect them, but it went nuts and decided to blow everyone up. So, what should be done? Get on the Andraste and blow the machine up first. But then, maybe naming the machine "Devil Engine" was not the best of ideas.

Yup, Devil Engine! A shoot-em-up from Dangen Entertainment and Protoculture Games! Let's take a look at the Launch Trailer!


This part looks like it could fit in the intro of a 1980s anime.

Soundtrack is pretty cool.

Man, I love the music. Did I say I love the music? Because I love the music?

I get the feeling that this game would fit right in in an arcade. Gotta dump those quarters in.

Those blacked-out areas make me nervous. I can imagine they'd make it harder to dodge enemy shots, and considering that the footage looks like your ship can bring down some heavy fire, maybe it evens out? I have no idea how these games work.

Are those Pokéballs?

WHOA! Is this what it's like when you're on a LSD trip?

I'm guessing the ship can absorb certain shots. Maybe to gather power for a bomb-like attack? Most shoot-em-ups don't have life bars for their ships. Get hit once, you're done. As such, I doubt it's to restore health.

Tank from Hell.

I love the variety of backgrounds.

I don't know why, but I suddenly want to play R-Type. Good thing I got R-Type Dimensions on my Switch. Get that game. It's really good.

That one boss makes me think of the AT-STs walkers from Star Wars.

I do like the visuals.

Well, this game looks rather neat. I do enjoy the occasional shooter every now and then. As I said, I do have R-Type Dimensions on my Switch, and this looks like another good choice for some shoot-em-up fun. I'll look for a demo. Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you enjoyed it, please spread it around! And if you want to give my blog some additional support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment