Tuesday, February 12, 2019

AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

The game I'm going to talk about today is one of the newest arrivals to the Nintendo Switch, after releasing on Steam, PS4, and the Xbox One. It was described as a 'feel-good first-person shooter'. That game? Away: Journey to the Unexpected. Let's take a look at the launch trailer!


The Japanese construction worker bunnies just dun goofed. Nice work, guys.

...what is on that kid's head? Is that a hat? Is that his hair? It is nice to see that he's up to save his village from whatever those dumb bunnies just unleashed.

So far, I'm liking the look of the game. Makes a nice contrast to say, Doom. And the music is great, too.

Marching into adventure with a stick. This kid is brave, crazy, a dope, or a combination of all three. Considering the anime influence in this game, that's pretty likely he is.

So, one of the main mechanics of the game is befriending monsters and using them to fight. That's pretty neat. Reminds me of Dragon Quest VII.

I like the popsicle.

What was that?! A fruit grenade? Does it spew out acid juice?

Looks like you can make an...interesting array of allies. I like the cowboy robot. I've been playing a bit of Wild Guns Reloaded lately.

This looks like a ton of fun. It feels like Doom, only...happier and lighter, if that makes any sense.

The view does come off at times as though I'm looking at the game from the inside of a VR headset.

Well, this game looks really cool! I like the idea of befriending and recruiting allies to help you save the world. The power of friendship, and all that. I do also like the general look of the game. I hope that your character gets special bonuses for recruiting certain combinations of characters. Would make a great incentive to figure out what works for you. I wonder if there's a demo. More games need to have those.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you enjoyed reading it, spread it around! And if you want to give my blog some extra support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar!

No comments:

Post a Comment