Friday, November 22, 2019

Black Future '88 Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

The year is 1988...well, every year is 1988 in the world of this game. You see, in this grim alternate world, a nuclear war broke out and wrecked everything. In this world, you are a survivor with 18 minutes to live. What can you do in 18 minutes? Climb a tower. This is Black Future '88!


Nice animation. I wonder who did it.

Wow. Heart exploding. That will suck.


Oh, I don't know. If you work hard enough and have a bit of luck on your side, then maybe you can have everything.

Always good to have the right tool for the job. Or, the right weapon in this case. Sometimes, the best solution is not a rocket launcher, but a shuriken.



A codex! Great I'm going to need something to help keep track of my stuff.

Trade my humanity for power? Hmm, I don't know. I kind of like my humanity...

Combining buffs and skills is what separates us from the animals. That and using cutlery.

Hey, you can team up with friends! And you can do something about it if you're stuck with your enemies, ha ha!

Skymelt: Totally Not Skynet.

Well, this game looks fun. I'm a bit of a sucker for 80s stuff, and I like the aesthetic and music here. I admit, I think the idea of a procedurally-generated tower is nice, although I fear the 18-minute time limit may be a bit too overwhelming for a player sometimes. But I do like the evolving tower to keep up the replay value. I think I'll give this game a shot.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment