Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Roof Rage Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

My two favorite game genres are RPGs and platformers. As a kid, platformers like the Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog series made me a gamer. Pokémon made me fall in love in with the role-playing genre. However, over the years, I have grown open to trying out other genres. One of them is fighting. My favorite fighting series is the Super Smash Bros. series. But this other fighting game has gotten my interest. This is Roof Rage.



Don't you just hate it when you're casually cleaning your sword and some dude comes to pick a fight? It's very annoying, happens to me a lot.

Huh. This game makes me think they slapped Brawlhalla and Samurai Shodown in a blender. Huh. Funny, I looked at the trailer for the reboot of Samurai Shodown yesterday and now this. I swear, I did not intend this.

Did that dude use one of Ryu's attacks from Street Fighter?!

I have played Brawlhalla, and I think that game's characters honestly have a bit more pizzazz. But to be fair, I think that's because Brawlhalla's characters can draw from a wider variety of influences.

Robot ninja is cool, though. Makes sense it would be. Robots are cool. Ninjas are cool. Put them together, the coolness factor gets squared.

I think the 8/16-bit aesthetic is really neat.

I also like that the game seemingly is making an effort to have a variety of stages.

Ooooooh, train to the face!

Imagine taking a beating from a roof tile. That would suck.



Nice batch of features there.

Not a lot to say about this, really. It does seem like a fun little game, especially if you like Brawlhalla. I also imagine you'd like it if you were a fan of Samurai Shodown. If there's a demo, I'll give it a shot myself.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment