Sunday, November 17, 2019

NWA Powerrr Episode 6, My Thoughts

It's that time again! It's time to feel the powerrr with another episode of the National Wrestling Alliance's sensational YouTube show! If you want to get caught up on episodes of NWA Powerrr, you can do so right here. I'd recommend watching the episode before reading the blog entry! So, with that out of the way, let's start the show!


Man, I said it before, and I'll say it again. That RetroMania Wrestling game looks fun! Happy it's coming to Switch!

Recap time! I really liked Thunder Rosa.

You know your show did good when you got wrestlers like Edge complimenting it.

Cornette botched the tag names. It's Outlawz Inc. vs .Wild Cards. They're plural, Corny.

Rock 'n' Roll, baby!

I wanna see the Outlawz tag with the Rock 'n' Roll Express in an eight-man tag.

Match #1 - Trevor Murdoch vs. Caleb Konley

Hey, we get to see more of Murdoch and Konley. Haven't seen Konley since episode 3, I think.

OW. That spinebuster from Murdoch looks like it would hurt.

So, basically Murdoch is the "old man angry that wrestling changed" guy?


Not many people may remember this, but Trevor Murdoch had a decent singing voice.

Winner: Trevor Murdoch by pinfall

Murdoch be like  "Alright, where's muh beer?"

Heh heh, that Stevens/Starks 2-out-of-3 match last week was great.

Stevens, put on some pants. For the love of God.


Well, bye Aron.

...WHY DIDN'T YOU PUT ON SOME PANTS BEFOREHAND?! Save yourself some time!

"Shogun of Malibu" sounds like a really cruddy, but utterly fun to watch B-Movie.

Match #2 - Thunder Rosa/Marti Belle vs. Crystal Rose/Brooklyn Creed

First Women's tag match on this show! We last saw Crystal Rose in episode 3.

Brooklyn Creed's outfit looks more pink than red to me, Cornette.

Winners: Thunder Rosa/Marti Belle via pinfall

Match was a bit shorter than I expected.

Still a bit confused as to why Marti aligned with Rosa. I like the touch with Rosa only speaking Spanish.

This vignette is weird.

That National Championship belt needs a redesign.

I think Ricky Starks wants that belt.

Hey, it's Dan Parker! Remember him from episode 3 as well? I like his jacket.

Yeah, this ?Question Mark? guy is who those weird vignettes were about.

Match #3 - Dan Parker vs. ?The Question Mark?

Heh heh, Question Mark chants.

Hey look, Cornette said something actually funny.

Winner: ?The Question Mark? by pinfall

Another short match, establishes the new guy. But it looks like the crowd has taken to him.

I imagine Pokémon would confuse the bejesus out of Nick Aldis.

In case you're wondering, Thunder Rosa fought in an MMA match recently. I think she lost, but hey, she was willing to get in that cage. Woman's braver than I.

Maybe Kamille just...isn't much of a talky type. There are people like that in the world. Or maybe she thinks keeping people guessing like this is funny. She's getting a laugh from it.

The crowd really loves that Question Mark dude, huh?

Uh, the Wild Cards are aware that Eli's not talking about them, right?

AAAAAAANDERSON...ANDERSON!

Eli Drake be like, "Did I stumble into an episode of the Twilight Zone?"

Yes, Billy Corgan owns the National Wrestling Alliance. The very same Billy Corgan who sang for the Smashing Pumpkins. He's a big wrestling fan.

I take it the Waffles and Tire Irons shop didn't pan out, Mr. Falk?

Hmmm, looks like the champion, Nick Aldis, wants to see this main event match up close. I wonder why he's so interested in making sure things are fair and square in this match?

Main event time!

Match #4 - NWA World Tag Team Championship Match - Wild Cards (c) vs. Outlawz Inc.

This is gonna be good.

Cornette can be annoying sometimes. I doubt he knows what cosplay is.

We get it Jim, you read a thesaurus.

Winners: Wild Cards via pinfall, Wild Cards retain NWA Tag Team Championships

This was a good match.

And the show ends with more questions. What is Kamille mad about? Why is she getting in Aldis's face? And now EVERYONE is getting in Aldis' face! And each other's faces!

Well, the ending was certainly a surprise. It seems that there's plenty of chaos in the NWA roster.  I've been really enjoying the Stevens program so far. I also like what they're doing with Thunder Rosa, although I am still a bit confused as to why Marti Belle aligned with her. I would have liked to have seen Allysin Kay's response to that. I also was quite surprised as to how the audience took to this Question Mark guy. This was another pretty good episode. A very breezy hour.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment