Monday, November 4, 2019

NWA Powerrr Episode 4, My Thoughts

For the past few weeks, I've been giving my thoughts on the new YouTube wrestling show: NWA Powerrr. So far, I've found all three previous episodes enjoyable little hours of wrestling. Well, episode 4 is here, so let's take a look! I recommend you watch the video before reading further. Thank you!


Yeah, this flick is not going to be a box office smash.

Recap time!

Again, love their choice of theme song. Rockin' like Dokken! Heh heh, because it's a Dokken tune.

Didn't Cornette get in some trouble recently?

Again, I get that the National title is the old-school design, but it needs an update, in my opinion. It needs a new look.

Let Storm and Colt fight!

Well, the Cowboy does like his beer. We've seen that in the past.

Yeah, give him the title shot, Aldis! He wants it, champ! Give it to him!

Upping the stakes, eh Aldis?

It would be awesome if all of NWA's PPVs were named after glam metal songs.

Hey, Trevor Murdoch. He's got an underrated singing voice.

What is Josephus ranting about? Has he been in the Cowboy's beer stash?

Match #1 - Trevor Murdoch vs. Josephus

This won't be a wrestling match, it will be a fight. And Josie getting in the early advantage with the sneak attack!

Big clothesline from Murdoch there!

Man, I hate when that ten-count punch thing gets countered!

Josephus packing that freedom powder!

HAHAHAA! I love it when the bad guy's plan hilariously backfires!

Winner: Trevor Murdoch by pinfall

Fun little match, loved seeing Josephus's freedom powder plan blow up in his face. Literally.

I've heard of Thunder Rosa, but I've never seen her wrestle. Looking forward to it!

Heck with that, I'll look at Mr. Hollywood here all I want!

Heh heh, this segment was great! Aron Stevens scurried like a dog!

I loved the Austin Idol Wrestling College commercial. This one is...weird. And a bit creepy.

Match #2 - The Dawsons vs. Kingston/Homicide (No DQ)

Ohhhh, this one is going to be brutal.

Kingston/Homicide getting the early advantage in with the ambush! Homicide choking the lie out of Zane Dawson!

The Wild Cards have evidently shown up to watch this match, but we don't see them! Oh, there they are! I like Royce Isaacs' jacket!

We're going to have a con-chair-to! Heh heh.

OUCH ZANE JUST ATE CHAIR!

OUCH KINGSTON JUST GOT A SPINEFUL OF CHAIR!

And the Wild Cards join in the fun!

Wait, are the Cards and the Dawsons in cahoots!?

Winner: The Dawsons by pinfall

Odd finish, but I think the Wild Cards didn't really care about who won, just making sure both teams were hurt. Weaken all potential threats.

I'm slowly getting used to the lack of theme music. Still wish it was there, though.

Match #3 - Marti Belle vs. Ashley Vox

Women's Champion Allysin Kay at ringside. What's she up to?

I like Ashley Vox.

Cornette is a bit annoying during this match.

Winner: Ashley Vox by pinfall

Good match, I like Ashley Vox. Happy she won.

Oh, looks like we'll meet Thunder Rosa after all. Where's that music coming from? Does she get theme music?!

Match #4 - Aron Stevens vs. Ricky Starks

Aw come on! At least let Stevens have his old "Hallelujah" theme! That's public domain!

Aron Stevens is basically using his WWE gimmick.

I've grown to like Ricky Starks.

Winner: Ricky Starks by pinfall

Fun little match. Aron's post-match banter with the crowd is hilarious.

Main event time!

Match #5 - Team Storm vs. Team Aldis (Six-Man Tag Match)

Team Storm is James Storm and the Wild Cards! Team Aldis is Nick Aldis, Colt Cabana, and Ken Anderson! If Team Storm wins, James Storm gets an NWA Championship match, but must relinquish the National Championship! If Team Aldis wins, Colt Cabana gets a shot at the National Title!

this has been a fun tag match.

WHOOPS!

Winner: Team Aldis by pinfall

Looks like Colt Cabana will get his shot at the National Championship after all. If he wins, I hope he gets the belt redesigned. It needs it.

Well, this was another fun breezy hour. I couldn't believe that they managed to fit five matches in this. More action and less storyline this time around, but that's okay. We had some fun matches here.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment