Sunday, November 24, 2019

NWA Powerrr Episode 7, My Thoughts

Before we begin, I want to establish something. This episode of NWA Powerr did get some controversy attached to it. Basically, during one of the matches, Jim Cornette decided to show how much of an old man he is. It's led to him and the NWA parting ways. Also, NWA took down the episode and then re-uploaded it with the offending comment edited out. But I think the NWA should be called out as well. You see, these shows were taped. They were not done live. They had an opportunity to not let Cornette's remark be heard in the first place. A lot of ball-dropping there on their part.

I have considered no longer watching the show, but I thought that would be unfair to the wrestlers who were working hard to make the show so fun to watch. I feel it would be unfair to punish them for Cornette's stupidity. So, I still will watch because they deserve the support, and I've grown to like this bunch of mat maniacs gracing this series. Also, I found Cornette on commentary sometimes, so I'm not exactly sad to see him go. So with that out of the way, let's take a look at the seventh episode of NWA Powerrr!


Recap time!

Nick Aldis is going rrrretro!

Aldis vs. Murdoch, huh? This'll be a fun match.

Murdoch's like "Dude, I'm right here! I can HEAR you!"

Match #1 - NWA World Champion Nick Aldis vs. Trevor Murdoch (Non-Title Match)

Murdoch targeting that shoulder.

Awww, below the belt! That should eb a DQ, right there!

I think Aldis underestimated Murdoch a bit there!

I think Murdoch botched there.

Winner: Nick Aldis by submission

Good match, surprised to see THAT out of Murdoch. And I think we're getting a slow heel turn out of Aldis.

The Rock 'n' Roll Express have got to be in their sixties by now.

These guys need theme music. Would fit their characters really well.

Is Thom Latimer British?

This commercial is funny.

Match #2 - ?The Question Mark? vs. Ricky Starks

I'm surprised how quickly this crowd took to ?The Question Mark?. It's really cool, actually. I hope the person under the mask is very happy and proud of themselves.

You don't know a lot of things, Cornette. Like that it's not the 1980s anymore.

Aaand Aron Stevens ruins everything.

Oh thank God for Colt Cabana!

Winner: No contest

I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Cornette. That should have been a DQ.

And it looks like we have a new tag team forming!

And we got a main event!

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

I...think Ken Anderson is dead. Eli Drake killed him. CALL THE POLICE!

Match #3 - NWA Women's Champion Allysin Kay/Ashley Vox vs. Thunder Rosa/Marti Belle

Kay and Vox are ready to throw some fists!

Belle and Rosa make quite a team.

Melina Perez would have been more of a surprise if we didn't see her in the intro of the show!

Kay kept her eyes off the prize.

Winners: Thunder Rosa/Marti Belle by pinfall

I call them "The Lethal Latinas". Got a nice ring to it.

Main event time!

Match #4 - ?The Question Mark?/Aron Stevens vs. Colt Cabana/Ricky Starks

Man, they got GOLD with ?The Question Mark?! I love this guy!

Ha ha, the scarf being used! I love it!

WHO IS HE?! WHO IS ?THE QUESTION MARK? UNDER THE MASK?!

Winner: Stevens/?Question Mark? via pinfall

The power of karate!

James Storm needs to grow up.

Kamille is telling James Storm to calm down, go buy a Nintendo Switch, and play some video games. It's got an epic library, I'm sure there's something he'd like.

It's a real shame the controversy over Cornette cast a cloud over this. This has been a fun show to watch, and I've really grown to like quite a few of the people on it. I'm hoping that the NWA moves forward and does better, because those wrestlers deserve it. They're splendid to watch.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment