Friday, November 15, 2019

Sparklite Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

In a land known as Geodia, the ore known as Sparklite is literally the lifeblood of the world. The people of this land found a way to use the substance as a renewable power source. However, there is a darker side to this special ore. It can be consumed. Once consumed, it can grant great power...at a price.

A man known as "The Baron" wants the Sparklite for himself. As such, he has planned to hoard it all for himself. His plan has devastated the environment of Geodia, causing animals to mutate into monsters, and rotting the plant life. It's up to you as a mechanic named Ada to stop the mad Baron and save Geodia in Merge Games's Sparklite! Let's take a look at the launch trailer!



Don't you just hate it when your ship goes bonkers on you and crashes?

Always good to help someone in need. In a video game world, that can pay off big time. You might end up getting a hero you need.

So far, I love the general look of the game.

I'm getting Legend of Zelda vibes here. Which is not a bad thing at all. Link to the Past is one of my favorite Zelda games ever.

I get the feeling there's going to be some environmental protection themes to this game, which is also not a bad thing at all. It makes sense, considering the story. And considering the whole thing about climate change

This logging boss looks epic. The saw blades and the potential throwing of logs, ha ha.

This whole game looks amazing. I love the graphical style. It feels like a modern take on the top-down action-adventure game.

I also like that this game seems to be "modern" in the aspect you can build and use things like guns. In my experience, with games like this, they seem to want to stay in a fantastical medieval era. Great to see the developers were not afraid to get a bit futuristic here.

I imagine Ada collects the Sparklite to make gear.

I wonder what the reward is for helping people. In the game, you rescue people to build a place called "The Refuge". I hope that means Ada gets rewarded with better equipment and buffs.

I want this game. It looks so neat and a lot of fun. I can't wait to add this to my Switch library!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, please spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment