Friday, March 15, 2019

Aladdin Full Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in February, I gave my thoughts on the teaser for the live-action remake of Aladdin. I will admit, since then, I have a good chuckle out of some of the jokes regarding Will Smith as the Genie, mainly the CGI for him. However, a new trailer has come out, so let's take a look!


Well, this is starting off with a bang!

And there's our hero, devil-may-care thief extraordinaire himself.

I think we can credit Aladdin for inventing parkour.

I have to admit, I love the look of the film. It's very bright and colorful.

Ooh, imagine if those men ended up landing on something hard. It would not have ended well for them.

Love at first sight.

Yeah, Jafar wants to get you killed, Al. I have heard some people complain that he comes off as too "friendly" here, but...I think that's the point. Jafar is a schemer, a manipulator. He can act like the nicest guy in the world if he needs to. It's all about getting into people's heads. I think it works.

WHO DISTURBS MY SLUMBER?!

Hey, "Friend Like Me!" They're keeping the songs!

Oh, I think I'm going to enjoy Will Smith as the genie. He's probably having a ton of fun doing this.

Genie actually makes sense. If you word  wish wrong, it could blow up in your face.

Heh heh heh, you're not in charge here, Al.

Genie's got a point, Aladdin. It ain't the exterior that matters.

Hmm, looks like it'll basically follow the animated original, but I do hope they expand on some things to help differentiate it from the animated version. I'll give this film a shot. It's not going to hurt the original animated version. It's still out there, and it still is enjoyable. Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! And if you want to give this blog some additional support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment