Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Hellboy (2019) Trailer #2, My Thoughts

Back in December, I gave my thoughts on the first trailer for the upcoming cinematic reboot of Hellboy. I remember enjoying the first trailer, and getting some laughs out of it. I also remember people really hated that trailer. Eh, I'm sure the Hellboy comics have their fair share of silly moments. I haven't read them, so I can't really say.

Well, a second trailer has arrived, so let's take a look. Now, I do want to warn you, this is a "Red Band" trailer, which means that it's for mature audiences. Yeah, so don't watch this trailer at work or when you got the kids around. And with that, let's play this thing!


Burning away the band. Clever transition. I love stuff like that for some reason.

It was a dark and stormy night...

Oh, this is a take on Hellboy's origins.

Has that Nazi got 3-D glasses on? Is that Kroenen?

Daniel Dae Kim has neither time nor willingness to pity you right now, ha ha.

Ooh, I like that cover of Deep Purple's "Smoke on the Water".

Wow. Milla Jovovich is so pretty.

Does she have an Infinity Gauntlet? Would explain the dusting effect.

Did Sasha Lane just punch a dude's SOUL out?! She's been training with the Ancient One, hasn't she? Yeah, this film is MCU canon!

Eh, I imagine it's the same reason the X-Men fight for those who "hate and fear them": somebody has to. Also, like the X-Men, people would have a legitimate reason to be a bit nervous around Hellboy. Mainly that HE IS A DEMON WITH AN ARM THAT CAN DESTROY THE WORLD. THAT WOULD MAKE A PEOPLE A LITTLE SKITTISH, LADY.

Is that the Cloverfield monster's mutant cousin?

London bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down...

I want those brass knucks.

That'll hurt.

He's a werecheetah. Well, that's...different. Cleaning out his litterbox must be a pain.

Hellboy riding a dragon. FILM OF THE YEAR.

I'm surprised nobody has countered that offer with, "How about you stop being evil, and then we'll hook up. How about that?" I mean, it may not work, but at least it's worth a shot.

Well, I have to admit, I enjoyed this trailer. I'm not as...hostile towards reboots as many people are (after all, nobody's making anyone watch them, and the last two Hellboy films exist and are still good), so I'll give this a fair shot. It looks like it'll be a fun movie. I especially like that it looks like it'll tell its own story and not retread the first movie. I think this'll be a fun time at the theater!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you enjoyed it, please spread it around! And if you want to give this blog some additional support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment