Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Blaster Master Zero II Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in 2017, Inti Creates developed and released a game called Blaster Master Zero for the Nintendo 3DS. The game was a remake of the 1988 NES Sunsoft game Blaster Master. Like the original version, Zero was highly praised, but it did get criticism for its seemingly low difficulty and lack of improvements over the NES version. The game also sold well, and got ported to the Nintendo Switch. It would also get DLC that allowed the game to be played as various other characters, like Shovel Knight, Shantae, and even Gunvolt and Ekoro from two other Inti Creates games: Azure Striker Gunvolt and Gal*Gun.

I have the 3DS version of the game, and I quite enjoy it. I never did get the criticism about the low difficulty. Yeah, it was challenging, but the bosses are hard to me. I suck at the bosses. Inti Creates made a very fun game, and here's some great news! There's a sequel out! Yes! Let's take a look at the Launch Trailer for Blaster Master Zero 2!



I have to admit, I was surprised to see this drop. As I said, I loved the original Blaster Master Zero, and I do recommend it if you like retro games.

Game looks really good. Maintains the 8-bit vibe, and the music is pretty cool, too.

Jason's got a new tank! And it's got some nice new features!

Interesting feature, building up SP power from hits or falls from high places. I wonder what it's used for.

Is it for building the sub-weapons' power? That would be a good way to ensure they're always energized.

And since Jason's got a new tank, Jason himself has got some new tricks!

The Blast Counter would have been real handy in the last game.

MAN, I wish I had this attack in the last game!

Taaaanks in Spaaaaaace!

Oh, traveling to other worlds. A nice way to show a variety of levels for Jason and the Sophia to fight monsters in. Can also show a variety of monsters.

I like the idea of getting power-ups that make SOPHIA and Jason stronger. Makes all the exploring worth it.

Hey, that's neat! Meeting other SOPHIA tank drivers! A great way to expand the game's universe. If each of the tanks have unique abilities, that could be a fun way to change up gameplay...if they can be played, after all.

I want to play this game! I loved the original Blaster Master Zero, and this sequel looks like a ton of fun! I do hope we also get the DLC playable characters from the last game. I just want to have Shovel Knight travel through space...

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, please spread it around! And if you want to give this blog some extra support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment