Thursday, March 14, 2019

Avengers: Endgame Trailer #2, My Thoughts

Back in December of last year, I gave my thoughts on the first trailer to the MCU's upcoming 22nd film: Avengers: Endgame. Infinity War had left our heroes at their darkest hour. Thanos had triumphed in his goal of wiping out half the universe because he thought it would magically create some kind of "balance" in the universe. Lots of heroes got crumbled to dust in the process.

But the problem was...Thanos's little plan left some heroes surviving. Heroes that not only were left to try and prevent more chaos in the wake of Thanos's rapture, but also burning for payback. After all, as Tony Stark said, "If we cannot protect this world, you can be damn sure we'll avenge it." It's time  for the Endgame, folks. Let's take a look at the newly released second trailer!


Man, what happened here?! Thanos, what did you do?!

Ah, it's a flashback to the first Iron Man movie. The film that started it all. The film that got the MCU rolling.

I like that the flashbacks are in black and white. Gives them a...dreamier quality for a lack of better terms. And I have to admit, it does make me smile thinking back on those films. Look how far we've come.

Somebody get Tony an American cheeseburger!

Captain America: The First Avenger is one of my favorite MCU movies. I think I've seen that one more times than any other.

Who is that speaking there?

I have heard people theorize the girl Hawkeye is practicing archery with is Kate Bishop. I think it's actually his daughter. Age of Ultron did establish Clint had a daughter, and I'm guessing that's her. Doing her daddy proud. It was said that he was under house arrest during Infinity War, but...oh, God. She must have gotten dusted by Thanos. Right in front of Clint's eyes.

You got the other Avengers, Clint.

The flashbacks are awesome. They really make it feel like we're getting an idea of how we got here and how far things have come.

I can't help but feel the bits of red are symbolic of something.

Yeah, quite some time has passed. Look at Natasha's hair compared to Infinity War.

I am curious as to how Scott escaped after the events of Ant-Man and the Wasp. Maybe he discovered that his family was dusted here, and he's trying to find other people.

Having Hawkeye and Widow find comfort in each other makes sense. I kind of get the vibe they were old friends.

Oh man, Rocket Raccoon and War Machine teaming up is going to be epic! I can see Rocket trying to take Rhodes' armor-mounted guns. After Thanos has his purple butt handed to him, of course.

Nice detail with the sound of Black Widow's gunshots matching the music.

The Avengers got some nice new spacesuits.

Hey, does this mean Nebula is an Avenger now? Welcome aboard!

I hope we get to see Thor and Captain Marvel do some epic tag team moves.

I am so excited for this movie. I've been following the MCU since Iron Man first rocketed to the screen over ten years ago, and it's been epic seeing it unfold over all that time. Infinity War left me eager to see Thanos get his just desserts, and I think it will be a sight to behold. I love that the trailer doesn't really reveal anything and uses flashbacks. They know perfectly well that less can be more if done well, and this trailer has made the film quite tantalizing.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! And if you want to give my blog some extra support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment