Monday, March 4, 2019

Mechstermination Force Announcement Trailer, My Thoughts

Imagine an average day in a average city, with regular people doing regular people things. Now imagine that those regular people are bothered by giant robots that are in the mood to wreak havoc and raise some Cain. Well, somebody's got to deal with them. Who do you call? The Mechstermination Force!

Yup, this new Swedish indie game from the creator of Gunman Clive is coming to the Nintendo Switch! Let's take a look at the announcement trailer!



I take it that giant robot likes to make stylish entrances.

I know what you're thinking: "Wait, a giant robot is attacking, and you don't get your own giant robot to fight it? Just a gun?!" Well, the fights aren't as one-sided as you think.

You see, your gun can hurt the robots. And each of them has a hidden weak point. You have to jump around and do some climbing to get to them. Thank God the makers of these robots were dumb enough to include that.

I like the green robot. His head is neat. I like the fin.

That centipede robot makes me think of Transformers for some reason.

Ooh, that three-headed dragon robot is really cool!

What that an energy whip?! What was that?

The snake robot in the lava world reminds me of Super Mario World for some reason.

And the player character makes me think of Contra. Must be the headband.

Hey, two player co-op. Makes me think of Contra III. Makes sense for the Switch, considering that each of the Joy-Cons can be a controller of its own.

I think that's an energy baseball bat?!

FATALITY!

Well, this game seems rather fun! I've never really played "boss rush" games before, but I think I'll give this a shot. Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! And if you want to give this blog some additional support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment