Friday, March 8, 2019

Shazam! Trailer #2, My Thoughts

Back in July of last year, I gave my thoughts on the first trailer for the DCEU's upcoming seventh film, Shazam!. That's right, the boy given the power of the gods, the Big Red Cheese. You know, I can see him and Carol Danvers hanging out and being pals, punching Skrulls and Black Adam together. Mainly I want to see her punch Black Adam while he punches a Skrull. Man, I got Carol on the brain, I can't wait to see her movie.

Anyway, a second trailer is out for Billy Batson's big live-action cinematic debut! Let's take a look!


Billy, what did you do?

Billy, when the old wizard with the glowing lightning bolt on his chest demands you say his name, you say his name.

Yeah, he can fly.

Heh heh, I can imagine the lightning is tingly.

For Billy's sake, that suit better have a zipper.

You know, this is the kind of thing a kid would do if they got superpowers. They would play around, see what they can do with them.

The ability to get away with buying beer. A superpower any teenager would want.

Dr. Sivana's done some lifting. And picked up the lightning-throwing trick. This reminds me of DC Comics Presents Annual #3 (1984).

I think it would be so funny if Shazam tossed Batman at a villain in the comics. I know Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner would be laughing their heads off.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA whoops. And Shazam gets arrested.

Oh God, I enjoyed this trailer so much. I think I am going to really love this movie. It feels like the DCEU is finally embracing the fact they're adapting comic books and just having some fun with it. I can't wait for this movie!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you enjoyed it, spread it around! And if you want to give my blog some extra support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar!

No comments:

Post a Comment