Monday, March 11, 2019

Beat Cop Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

New York in the 1980s was known for being...a rough place to live. Crime was high, and the police were stretched to their limits. One of those members of New York's Finest was a beat cop named Jack Kelly. He was an ordinary policeman, not really famous, never did anything really special. Just his job. Until the day he became a patsy for murder.

In this new game for the Nintendo Switch, you have to aid our beat cop friend in clearing his name and bringing down the actual criminals. This is the launch trailer for Beat Cop.


I love the donut joke in the logo there. Mmm, donuts...

You know you're in the 80s when you turn on your TV and aerobics are playing. Abs of Steel in 8 minutes, guaranteed!

Ah, this must be our Officer Kelly. Irish surname, red hair. Yup, the Irish Cop archetype here.

Oh good, the hot dog guy managed to catch that hot dog...without moving. That is smooth.

Officer Kelly leaps into action! And it looks like the burglar got away. Kelly is in for some rough times...

I love the music in this trailer. It's got that cool 80s groove to it.

Is the video glitching at the end?

I would have liked to have seen some gameplay. I did see some screenshots on the eShop of this game, and from what I remember of them, they gave me the impression that it would be somewhat like Carmen Sandiego, except with less wacky criminals and more adult. It got my interest as I loved playing that game on the computer growing up. I just wish this trailer showed more. I would have liked to have seen some gameplay. The idea of the game is appealing, though.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! And if you want to give this blog some extra support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar!

No comments:

Post a Comment