Friday, March 1, 2019

Dark Phoenix Trailer #2, My Thoughts

Back in September of 2018, I gave my thoughts on the first trailer for the upcoming 12th installment in the X-Men film series: Dark Phoenix. I have to admit, I was surprised at this trailer dropping. I hadn't really thought about this movie since last September. I'm honestly more excited for the upcoming Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame.

Looking back, I thought the first trailer was actually rather...meh. So, let's see if the second trailer gets the blood pumping!



Man, Jean should really avoid the adult brownies. Last time, she caused most of Westminster to end up losing their pants.

It is weird seeing Mystique act like this. And Jennifer Lawrence is here for the paycheck.

What is with the costumes? Why do they look so...drab?

Well, I guess we know who is in the coffin from the funeral in the last trailer.

And there's Jessica Chastain, being...the devil on Jean's shoulder? Evidently, she's playing an alien that'll play Mastermind's role in the original story. I wonder if she'll also be amalgamated with Lilandra?

For the love of everything holy, why is Storm letting it rain on people?!

I'm betting this bit with Quicksilver will be one of the legit cooler parts of this film.

I bet if Frank Castle saw Magneto do that trick with the guns, he'd be incredibly envious.

Uh, Tye? That's not how you do it. It's "JEEEEEEEEEEANNNNNN!"

At least the X-Men go to space.

"She's coming". And Magneto wished he had stayed far out of this, went to the bar, and got roaring drunk.

You'd think that the Mutant Containment Unit would invest in...better weaponry. Seriously. I mean, they have technology to shut down mutant powers, you'd think they'd have stuff to actually fight mutants besides plain ol' M-16s or AK-47s (This film is set in 1992) or whatever those rifles are.

Well, I have to admit. It does look more...exciting than the first trailer. However, I admit, I'm still not really hyped for this movie. A shame. I do hope maybe Marvel Studios will make an X-Men film I can get hyped for. I hope they use the original five.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! And if you want to give this blog some additional support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment