Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Treasure Stack Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in September of last year, I gave my thoughts on the announcement trailer for Treasure Stack, a puzzle game coming to the Nintendo Switch from Pixelakes. I have no idea who they are. The game Was seen by some as a possible spiritual successor to Wario's Woods due to it's similar-appearing gameplay style. Well, the Launch Trailer is here, so let's take a look!


Here we meet our brave adventurer...I'm calling him Bill. He's Bill. So, Bill sees this castle in the distance, and is heading for it. Why? Who knows?

Hey, Bill's made some friends! ...is that Frog from Chrono Trigger? What's he doing here? Much like Bill, I'm giving these guys names, too. The one in the Ryu-style gi is Bruce, the hooded girl is Sheila, and the frog is Frog. Because that is clearly Frog from Chrono Trigger.

Hey, there's treasure in that castle! If Bill, Bruce, Sheila, and Frog can work together, they can get the treasure and split it four ways.

...screw you, Bill. I hope you get turned into a newt and stepped on.

Yeah, you sure regret screwing over your new friends, huh Bill? Karma's a...well, you know the rest.

So, 100 characters to unlock, huh? It's unlikely that each of them will give you a different bonus for playing as them.

Makes sense a game like this would also have a multiplayer experience. Would be rather odd if it didn't.

I do like the general aesthetic of the game.

Well, this looks like a bit of fun! I was a big fan of Tetris and Yoshi back in the day, so this looks like it will be right up my alley!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you enjoyed reading it, spread it around! And if you want to give this blog some additional support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment